IGNORED

Not that it matters but..

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

Bestival coming roughly at £160 to £175, what a fucking joke. jesus christ, I've never known a festival ticket price to be so dear.

What do you guys make of it? What's the most you would spend on a ticket (given a fairly good festival).

Also, what have you paid the most in the past for one?

Guest Dirty Protest

Its really not that expensive. Going out to watch music cost about £10/20, to see 1/2 artists. At a decent festival yould hope to see a bunch of musicians, making the ratio of cash to artists a lot lower. Then if you take Glastonbury, the price to see U2 alone would cost about £50, thats a third of the price of the festival. That and the musicians and artists that make up the outskirts or a festival, its cheap as fuck for a weekend, a decent hotel costs £100 up a night.

Guest Coalbucket PI

They are getting steep, but everything is. I am planning to go to Bestival too... the first glade cost be about £55 if I remember rightly and the line up was ridiculous. I still think they work out as a bargain, if you see 5 acts you wanted to see live then you win, and I bet you have a bunch of unrelated fun to boot

a festival will end up costing you about £500 once you take into account spending money, drugs, food and camping supplies. you could go on holiday to Spain for that...

a festival here has implemented a pay in instalments plan for tickets this year

you know prices are getting silly when they start introducing things like that :facepalm:

Guest Gump

prices for big festivals are so big because the crowd demand the most expensive acts, the most expensive sound systems and the huge of tickets available and the bigest of areas with facilities and security to pamper/protect them.

i know a wee festival in scotland with around 15,000 people and good music for £85 for 3 days including camping, clean bogs and drink that is not too overpriced. no neds, and no dizzy rascal or even a fat cunt slim or a florence and the wankers to be seen.

even some nice tents of electronic musics that are open til 5am each morning.

wickerman festival

al be there

Guest Gump

some of those would be good but look at the huge list of acts.

the acts are too many. huge pay cheques for some of them and i bet the ones i would want to see would be on at the same time.

how much would that wee prick that is just ian wright that pretends to rap and shit would cost?

it is pricks like him that drive prices up.

i would pay to watch him burn in a huge fire at the end of the first night but to pay big cash to watch him perform is a waste.

keep cunts like him and that mylo poof for the radio one road show or whatever it is called now.

some of those would be good but look at the huge list of acts.

the acts are too many. huge pay cheques for some of them and i bet the ones i would want to see would be on at the same time.

how much would that wee prick that is just ian wright that pretends to rap and shit would cost?

it is pricks like him that drive prices up.

i would pay to watch him burn in a huge fire at the end of the first night but to pay big cash to watch him perform is a waste.

keep cunts like him and that mylo poof for the radio one road show or whatever it is called now.

i think that often the greatest benefit of a festival type environment is you stumble across excellent shit on small stages you weren't expecting to encounter

i once spent two hours in a standup comedy tent at a festival getting big ol lols from some never-heard-from-again bloke

i quite literally wandered into a kieran hebden/steve reid gig on my way to skream another time, and it was one of the best things i've ever seen live

another time i had a whitener at mylo, and walked outside, into quite literally the middle of an insanely good flaming lips set

i suppose things like that are the 'added value' in the ticket and i can nearly forgive em for that

but like most people i sort of have an innate feel for inflation, having experienced it my entire life;

and festival ticket prices and food prices and every other associated price seem to rise at a rate far above inflation.

I don't mind higher ticket prices that much. What I really hate is not even being allowed to bring your liquor from the campsite to the stages. Especially when those same profit-minded fascists take off the bottle caps when trying to buy shit in bulk at the bar.

Archived