IGNORED

Cheese and crackers

Guest theSun

Guest theSun

as a cheese and crackers enthusiast, i love crackers and cheese. even that cheap processed shit. the best cheap processed cheese and crackers are Cheetos Cheddar Cheese

Cheetos-Crackers-CC.jpg

these are an older version of the ones i'm currently munching on. also the ritz ones are good too, as well as ritz bitz of course.

but i'm here to talk about a better quality of both cheese and cracker. for example, there is a local-ish store that sells the very best smoked cheddar i could imagine. this is the best cheese for cracker. but don't think i'm picky i'll try just about any combination of cheese/cracker.

i'm also open to the idea of adding an additional meat layer, but in order to appeal to everyone i'd like to keep it simple.

what's everyones favorite cheese and cracker combo?

i'm usually stocked with the captain's wafers variety pack. i like to get a good daily rotation going -- smokehouse cheddar leading off and hitting hard with its pungent tanginess, then peanut butter and crackers taking it down a notch the next day, followed by the classic taste of grilled cheese (bonus: dip in vegetable beef soup), and then finally the smooth buttery taste of cream cheese and chives just knocking it out of the park. cream cheese and chives is the best.

591.JPG

Guest uptown devil

smokehouse is where it's at:

DA_GR_508435.jpg

tastes like meat!

edit: mcgriff beat me to it.

Guest theSun

i like the lance ones too, though they are like 3 times the cost of the cheetos ones in the college bookstore i frequent. the only ones that don't sit with me well are the cream cheese and chives ones. i feel like i got that shit on my breath for like the whole next day. same thing with the cheetos bacon cheddar. so good going down, nauseating when you burp it back up.

srsly though don't you guys get down with the finer cheeses and crackers? i like having them for dinner. i'll get a nice brick of cheese and half a stack of crackers and BAM thousand calorie dinner.

srsly though don't you guys get down with the finer cheeses and crackers? i like having them for dinner. i'll get a nice brick of cheese and half a stack of crackers and BAM thousand calorie dinner.

I do that too sometimes, if I'm feeling lazy.. I like a nice aged cheddar on plain crackers. Sometimes with seafood.

These motherfuckers... 4349952004_0dea42e37a.jpg ... with just about any kind of good cheese.

Raw sheep's milk cheese (like the salty, mild, nutty, white cheese with a granually texture), brie or goat gouda.

This stuff is good... hogpar.jpg

So is this... arina.jpg

Guest the anonymous forumite

The minimal requirements for this is butter. Then add cheese. Best crackers in the world if you meet the minimal requirements.

DSCF0190-716529.JPG

I like some nice hearty wheat crackers with Stilton or Gorgonzola, or some slightly milder crackers with a Brie.

I would drape myself in Brie if it were socially acceptable.

Guest Rambo

i'm usually stocked with the captain's wafers variety pack. i like to get a good daily rotation going -- smokehouse cheddar leading off and hitting hard with its pungent tanginess, then peanut butter and crackers taking it down a notch the next day, followed by the classic taste of grilled cheese (bonus: dip in vegetable beef soup), and then finally the smooth buttery taste of cream cheese and chives just knocking it out of the park. cream cheese and chives is the best.

591.JPG

lol

You're a seasoned enthusiast/connoisseur for every food and drink ever conceived Fred. The fact that you aren't gigantic is testament to either a) an incredible inner discipline or b) incredibly fast metabolism

well brother rambo, i eat slow and know when i'm full.

also there are two different kinds of cheese and crackers in my book. these packaged lance / ritz / cheetos things, and proper cheese. totally different foods. i would take proper cheese with crackers a million times over these quick snack cheese and crackers, but in reality there is a time / place / price for the cheap stuff.

have you guys ever have individually wrapped giant cheetos? it's like this big fuckoff cheeto available for individual purchase, and you hold it and chomp on it, and get orange cheetoness all over your body.

somewhere in between the cheap packages and proper cheese would be the ritz crackers + port wine cheese spread combo. you're really missing out if you havent finished a tub of this shit in one sitting:

PortWineSpread.jpg

Guest Rambo

The english are too boring to stock that in supermarkets

Having said that, my parents love to get all experimentay with the cheeses and i reap the rewards

Guest theSun

oh man yes i love the soft cheese logs with nuts all around them. reminds me of what i like about family holidays.

(what i like about family holidays is the soft cheese logs with nuts all around them)

Nah, the Mormons I went to school with used to say that after I told them off for basically funding Proposition 8. Polite little bigots.

somewhere in between the cheap packages and proper cheese would be the ritz crackers + port wine cheese spread combo. you're really missing out if you havent finished a tub of this shit in one sitting:

PortWineSpread.jpg

As much as I want to believe that that tastes good, it simply sounds too nasty for me to ever want to try it...

PortWineSpread.jpg

As much as I want to believe that that tastes good, it simply sounds too nasty for me to ever want to try it...

It looks a lot better in log/ball form, imo.

0-12.jpg

Archived