IGNORED

one-sided headphones

YEK

so i have been reliving some fatboy slim cause he's one of the acts that got me into electronic music and i noticed he always djs with one-sided headphones, even today.

curious, i look that type of headphone up on the internet and i find that they were used sometimes in recording so singers would remain in pitch, hearing the headphones/ hearing the speaker , at the same time i guess,,

i think i might benfit from one-siders becuase i dj only in my appartment and probably will only dj in mine or other apartments

does that make since? should i try this?

i have only found one model like this and they are stanton headphones:

444712.jpg

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Stanton-DJ-Pro-300-SingleSide-Headphone?sku=242700

also, do other companies make different models,

these are only 40 dollars, can i go wrong?

input, thanks :smile:

it would be alright for a bedroom because there isn't much sound delay, however i wouldn't even consider using it for a gig bigger than a garage. personally, i think they make you look like a total deuche.

Guest Coalbucket PI

With sennheiser hd25s you can fold one ear back if you prefer to have just one. I sometimes do it but rarely

Guest dilbthelame

how bout just use a telephone, naw but seriously

no joke, i saw a guy using a telephone he'd rigged up with a headphone jack on thursday night. apparently it sounded a bit crap, but it looked fucking awesome to see this guy djing while looking like he was on the phone.

These Sennheisers are bloody awesome and you can rotate one ear up... looks a bit silly but does the job :)

edit, looks like i linked to the same headphones the guy above was on about... oops

Guest 277: 930-933

lektroluv.JPG

Personally I hate one sided headphones, if the monitors are shit or have a hard time overpowering the room sound of if the room is too noisey I need to be able to have my headphones on both sides.

Otherwise you can just fold one earpiece back.

With sennheiser hd25s you can fold one ear back if you prefer to have just one. I sometimes do it but rarely

these look pretty good, considering them

, i'd still like to try the one siders,

lektroluv.JPG

Personally I hate one sided headphones, if the monitors are shit or have a hard time overpowering the room sound of if the room is too noisey I need to be able to have my headphones on both sides.

Otherwise you can just fold one earpiece back.

This. I find I need the added accuracy of both sides in the cans to beatmatch perfectly, otherwise it's a bit sloppy

no joke, i saw a guy using a telephone he'd rigged up with a headphone jack on thursday night. apparently it sounded a bit crap, but it looked fucking awesome to see this guy djing while looking like he was on the phone.

A mate of mine works for a music-oriented electronics company. I will make it my quest to get him to make a prototype for this.

Guest dilbthelame

A mate of mine works for a music-oriented electronics company. I will make it my quest to get him to make a prototype for this.

i'd guess it shouldn't be too difficult - after all it's one speaker and one mic in there... only issue is that in order to get the mic working as well (!) you'd have to have two audio jacks coming out of the end of the coil... downside is that unless you actually take the whole phone apart you've just got telephone quality audio i s'pose.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I think they are excellent value and really perfect DJ headphones.

Oh and I'm not talking about the ones the guy under me posted a link to, those are 215s not 25s

i'd guess it shouldn't be too difficult - after all it's one speaker and one mic in there... only issue is that in order to get the mic working as well (!) you'd have to have two audio jacks coming out of the end of the coil... downside is that unless you actually take the whole phone apart you've just got telephone quality audio i s'pose.

It's been done before a few times, I've seen the guy from S Express (!) use it. You've have to completely dismantle the phone and just restuff it with parts found in headphones, I'd guess that's what the score woud be, it would be so hard to mix well with telephone quality. The mic working would be cool, but you'd have to be able to turn it on and off as you'd pick up breathing sounds and stuff... mind you mixers have a volume for mics, so you could just tie two wires together and then route them individually at the mixers end... hmm

Oh and I'm not talking about the ones the guy under me posted a link to, those are 215s not 25s

i've read some stuff about the 25s, supposedly only one ear piece swivels. also, it's not amazing sound, which i'm not sure is a big deal, cause you just use them as a reference

what about that ?

i think they make you look like a total deuche.

this response doesn't surprise me.

this post makes you look like a total deuche.

Not looking like a deuche makes you look like a deuche.

DOUCHE

i think they make you look like a total deuche.

this response doesn't surprise me.

this post makes you look like a total deuche.

Not looking like a deuche makes you look like a deuche.

DOUCHE

Talking in paradigms makes you look like a deuche.

dEUche

i've read some stuff about the 25s, supposedly only one ear piece swivels. also, it's not amazing sound, which i'm not sure is a big deal, cause you just use them as a reference

what about that ?

The HD-25s are pretty accurate compared to most 'phones marketed as "DJ" equipment.

what about that ?

The HD-25s are pretty accurate compared to most 'phones marketed as "DJ" equipment.

shit! i meant hd-215

should i get these?

Oh, I don't know anything about the HD-215s. You might want to check out head-fi.org, but be prepared to wade through a bit of snake oil.

Archived