IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

Gotta love Korea's effort here. They want the equalizer and they want it bad. Uruguay are setting themselves up for a nailbiter if they let one in.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

I dunno about that. Absolutely anything can happen when the pitch is like this......

A second Korean penalized for shirt tugging! YES! No matter what happens here, I am happy.

Guest Mirezzi

Alright, sweet peas, the stage is set. Uruguay should dispose of South Korea but I expect it to be a highly contested game. I'm calling it 2-1 for Uruguay, winning goal in extra time.

There is a prophet in our midst. Okay, I bungled the extra time bit, but it did come late.

Guest Mirezzi

Well, we're doing a magnificent job of making the Black Stars look like World Cup favorites. Kudos to Ghana though, they've done well when the U.S. fuck up.

Here comes our time though...we like the last 45 minutes!

Alright, sweet peas, the stage is set. Uruguay should dispose of South Korea but I expect it to be a highly contested game. I'm calling it 2-1 for Uruguay, winning goal in extra time.

Ghana and U.S.A. should be an even closer match, with the Americans ability to score goals from the run of play outlasting the physicality and experience of the Ghaneans. This is really the last chance for this generation of Black Stars to do something special in the World Cup. For Appiah, Essien, and to a lesser extent, Muntari and Gyan, 2014 is out of the question. "What if..." will be asked for years to come about Essien. He's the player I miss most in this tournament among the injured superstars.

I think Ghana's futility in front of the goal will bite them in the ass. If they don't dive their way to penalty kicks like they did in 2006, the Americans should win this one 3-1, with two goals scored in the last 15 minutes.

Not reading the posts above mine, cause I know there will be spoilers for the knock out matches.

Uruguay-south Korea will be close, unfortunately I think Uruguay could take it. I think Korea will be braver against them, after facing the quite physically superior Nigerians. Should be a fun match to watch.

Americans ability to score from the run of play? You're delusional mate. Dempsey's goal against England? that's not scoring from the run of play, that's Green throwing the ball into the net. The winner against Algeria? a rebound.

Ghana - US goes to penalty kicks, where the Ghanaians choke.

And oh my god was Portugal-Brazil ever boring. I did think the first half was gonna erupt into a fight though...

David Villa's goal against Chile? Beautiful.

Guest Mirezzi

Outside the first 20 minutes, the U.S. have now been the far better team, however you wanna cut it. They struggle in front of goal like Ghana do, unfortunately, so nothing to show for it.

Archived