IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

Typical Brazil now. This could be their undoing. They get quite satisfied with their own brilliance and stop playing football. Toward the end of the first half, they were even a bit bitchy with each other as they circled Chile's evacuated central defense like vultures looking for scraps.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Cesc has bags of experience and still has 10 years of football ahead of him. I'd say he's worth 35m, mostly in potential.

Arsenal rightfully want at least 50m because he's the centre of the team, not just a player to sign, and he's recently signed another contract that needs to be bought out on top of player-value.

Guest Mirezzi

Cesc has bags of experience and still has 10 years of football ahead of him. I'd say he's worth 35m, mostly in potential.

Arsenal rightfully want at least 50m because he's the centre of the team, not just a player to sign, and he's recently signed another contract that needs to be bought out on top of player-value.

I mostly agree with you about Cesc's value. I get a bit lost when it comes to pounds versus euros versus dollars, too. Either way, Real Madrid are looking to scupper Barca's bid for him, which should surprise just about...nobody. Scum of the earth, they are.

--Brazil score again--

Jesus. Can they just stop it now? :(

Poor fucks.

Cacaw! Kaka! KaCard!

he really is the worst commentator of all time.

haha, who?

Guest Gary C

LOL, I'd love it if Real Madrid threw in a bid. They'd raise the bidding war and Barcelona would back out.

Cesc will only ever play for Arsenal and Barcelona.

Guest Mirezzi

LOL, I'd love it if Real Madrid threw in a bid. They'd raise the bidding war and Barcelona would back out.

Has he said as much? I know he played football in Barca's youth system, but has he said it's Barca or nowhere? I really wish he would stay in England. :whistling:

Guest Richy

haha, who?

clive tyldesley

Did he say something like that? I have Martin Tyler and Efan Ekoku on ESPN, so I'm spared.

He's just shit and tries to over pronounce names, especially kakas. He's a cunt.
Guest Mirezzi

the dutch are going to pee in this brazil team's butt

I very very much doubt it. Then again, neither team have been really tested, have they?

Holland gave up a few point blank chances to the likes of a flesh golem like Vittek, who was always going to fail. They won't have that sort of luck if Fabiano enjoys the same space.

haha, who?

clive tyldesley

Did he say something like that? I have Martin Tyler and Efan Ekoku on ESPN, so I'm spared.

He's just shit and tries to over pronounce names, especially kakas. He's a cunt.

Oh, right. Kakar, Dungar, etc. etc. lol

Guest Gary C

Has he said as much? I know he played football in Barca's youth system, but has he said it's Barca or nowhere? I really wish he would stay in England. :whistling:

He's actually been a bit of a cunt about the situation. He signs a new contract for Arsenal pretty much every season, but never explicitly confirms or denies where his allegiances lie when a bid from Barca comes in (also, pretty much every season).

It's a no-brainer that he'd move back to Barca. Be the prodigal son that returned, play with the best players in the world and have serious attempts at the biggest trophies.

But I'd guess he's been waiting 'til there's a space in the squad. He simply wouldn't get past Xavi and Iniesta at the moment.

With Arsenal being increasingly lightweight year after year the reasons to leave become more obvious.

He's a Barca boy, so it's just wouldn't sit right for him to move to Real, unless he did a Figo*.

The story of him returning to Barca is too sweet to deny. It's just a matter of time.

vuelta_figo.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

the dutch are going to pee in this brazil team's butt

I very very much doubt it. Then again, neither team have been really tested, have they?

facts are great but i can just feel it in my quarter-dutch nuts

lmao

(Ramirez just booked for being a complete retard, will miss quarterfinal...Fred McGriff's quarter-dutch nuts feel a slight tickle from the cosmos as a result.)

Guest Mirezzi

Gary C - Xavi is 30, but his style of play should ensure at least another two or three years of superb form. So why do Barca fancy Cesc so much? The poor cunt can't even get a run with the national side.

It's hard to blame Cesc though. If I were a footballer, my dream would be to play for one of two clubs: Arsenal or Barcelona. Lucky little bastard, he is.

vuelta_figo.jpg

hahahaha, ahh bless their lunacy...hell hath no fury like a spaniard scorned.

Guest Mirezzi

This World Cup is giving us a lot of savory dishes. Germany / England already. Next up is Germany / Argentina and Brazil / Holland.

...then there's uhhhhh...Paraguay / Japan. :facepalm:

Guest Gary C

Watch Arsenal play without Cesc and you'll see his value. He makes football pretty.

I wouldn't mind him going this summer, for at least 50m, to be honest.

I think Nasri can step up. Wilshere wouldn't go out on loan, and begin getting more first team football. Ramsey will be back sooner than previously thought.

And maybe, just maybe, we'd sign Gourcuff. *cums*

Chili is the most exciting team this world cup for sure. 3-0 down, no way through the Brazil defense, yet every move forward is a joy to behold.

Also, are FIFA now delibirately not showing replays to home viewers? There was a disputable hands call which would have led to a big chance and they didn't even replay it.

Guest Mirezzi

Watch Arsenal play without Cesc and you'll see his value. He makes football pretty.

I have. It's not remotely the same thing. Even when he came on for Torres against Chile, his first real touch was a chip right onto David Villa's foot six yards out (who missed everything).

Rosicky gonna stick around for Arse?

I missed the 2009-2010 season due to indifference and hatred of the top two clubs. I will probably pay more attention this year.

Chili is the most exciting team this world cup for sure. 3-0 down, no way through the Brazil defense, yet every move forward is a joy to behold.

It's also agonizing because they clearly deserve a goal here. Sick of seeing them dribble 10 yards into the Brazilian box before being dispossessed or making two too many passes. lol...

Guest Mirezzi

that brazilian defense is just heavenly.

hmmm, really? I'm not so sure at all. Lucio just made a horrible mistake but Chile lacked the quality to make him pay for it.

I think Brazil can be broken down and Holland have outstanding personnel to do just that.

This World Cup is giving us a lot of savory dishes. Germany / England already. Next up is Germany / Argentina and Brazil / Holland.

...then there's uhhhhh...Paraguay / Japan. :facepalm:

2v9rqle.jpg

Chile should have gotten a goal for their effort. Of the lesser teams they played by far the most entertaining football. Brazil was simply too good in the end. Not a fan of this Brazilian team, so would like Holland to defeat them, but they look like they could go far.

Archived