IGNORED

Getting a new mp3 player

Guest Sprigg

Guest Coalbucket PI

Can you get on the internet with any of these anti iPods? I know I know, fuck iPods and all that but you can play Earthworm Jim and Sonic and you can use ReBirth and all that shit is crazy good

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I recently got an ipod classic (160 gb) to replace my creative zen xtra, which had a malfunctioning scroll button and laughable battery life (might have needed replacing). it's great so far. the only annoying part is having to convert my flacs to apple lossless.

cowon j3, best out there no doubt

finding out about this new release from cowon is definitely the best tech news of the year so far

http://www.slashgear.com/cowon-j3-amoled-pmp-gets-official-2979451/

I look for:

battery life

sturdy physical build

ease of use - not being bound to use certain apps

sound quality!

storage options

, and this player has by far the best total score considering those categories.

if you don't want to be sucked in by the apple eco-system don't buy an ipod!

years ago i bought a shuffle, and not long after that an imac followed...and an macbook, and an iphone....and a macbook pro ... and still no ipad =D

Guest Yegg

Creative Zens have never let me down, FUCK IPODS.

yeah stick it to the man!

I'm sorry if you're a butthurt Apple lover, but iPods have let me down more often than I can say.

+iTunes

Can cowon mp3 players scrobble to last.fm?

Good question! Curious now about other MP3 players' ability to scrobble. I use an iPod but will eventually be in the market for something else (not till it breaks, probably).

Can cowon mp3 players scrobble to last.fm?

Good question! Curious now about other MP3 players' ability to scrobble. I use an iPod but will eventually be in the market for something else (not till it breaks, probably).

I just use my BlackBerry for music listening at the moment, quality kinda stinks but it's something.

Guest Sprigg

J3 or S9... hmm... i could get a 16GB SD card for what, thirty bucks? Which would make the price of the J3 about equal to the price of the 32Gb s9, just a bit more expensive, unless I'm totally missing something <.<

Can you get on the internet with any of these anti iPods? I know I know, fuck iPods and all that but you can play Earthworm Jim and Sonic and you can use ReBirth and all that shit is crazy good

I couldn't give two shits less about anything other than music on my music player, honestly. I can see why one would want/like it, but for me it's just unnecessary.

I couldn't give two shits less about anything other than music on my music player, honestly. I can see why one would want/like it, but for me it's just unnecessary.

I agree. If I want anything more than music I'd just get a smart phone with a large capacity for music.

i had a creative zen mosaic the biggest piece of shit i've ever had the un-pleasure to use.

i had an ipod touch and looking back on it was pretty good, but i swapped it because i couldnt stand itunes.. yeah really i disregarded a great ipod touch because i hate HATE itunes THAT much. getting an iphone in october once i can upgrade my phone.. that'll do nicely for my mp3 player :D

Guest Yegg

i had a creative zen mosaic the biggest piece of shit i've ever had the un-pleasure to use.

i had an ipod touch and looking back on it was pretty good, but i swapped it because i couldnt stand itunes.. yeah really i disregarded a great ipod touch because i hate HATE itunes THAT much. getting an iphone in october once i can upgrade my phone.. that'll do nicely for my mp3 player :D

*balks*

Never played with a Mosiac, but I've had a Zen M and Vision W for years and they've been really reliable, still have good battery life, and you don't need shitty software to use them. :shrug:

Guest bigs

i've got a samsung yp-z5. it's small, looks fucking great and plays music. i'm happy! also i don't have to deal with stupid software. as a winamp whore, this is nice. i don't use a library, i can just copy my mp3's onto the player as if it were an external drive.

Guest ruiagnelo

Basically with ipod you buy:

Quality + the price of this logo apple-logo.jpg, which is quite considerable

And with sony you buy:

Quality

What do you prefer?

Guest joshier

from what i know, if you don't want any fancy features and just want good stability and quality then iriver stuff

with a sony you buy quality + support a company that thought it was a good idea to install malware on end users computers. Good times.

Also does Sony have an MP3 player that has internet access, plays games and video, can be used for sketching out musical ideas etc etc...?

If you use winamp on Windows (I don't find iTunes that bad on windows, certainly not like Safari on windows, god what a piece of shit that is), you can use your iPod touch/iPhone without iTUnes by following these steps:

http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/wiki/IPhone#iPhone_without_iTunes_installation

yegg: I'm not butthurt, i just think the rage directed at an object/company is funny. But keep fighting the good fight.

Guest ruiagnelo

with a sony you buy quality + support a company that thought it was a good idea to install malware on end users computers. Good times.

You are about to buy an mp3 player: do you care about the money you will spend and the quality you get or the way the company thinks/acts?

Apple has its bad side too.

Apple hasn't installed malware on any computer that I own.

Yes Apple has its bad side too. i think the iPod/iPhone should be more customizable, clearly there is a desire for that with the jailbreak community.

Guest joshier

For ease of use - chuck the iPod away. I've got one myself and it's just not suitable for quickly chucking a bunch of mo3/WAV/ogg/flac on it. With other simple mp3 players they show up as USB sticks. That's what u want in a hurry.

Archived