IGNORED

live boiled octopus

Hoodie

Guest Babar

Eating live animals is part of nature, frying animals live while eating them is a disgusting novelty.

I agree with my man here. I can't stand watching "gastronomists" sit by with hungry, eager eyes while shit like this goes down for their amusement. It's all about "oh it tastes so much better, it's so much fresher," whatever man. You tell some of these people that it's a delicacy amongst the French elite to eat the innards of a live doe from its backside while its still alive, and I guarantee people like that will book plane tickets just because they're up on some frou-frou "I'm into delicacies shit and my tastebuds are so refined."

Whatever, I have no appreciation for food whatsoever, my favorite food is peanut butter and jelly, maybe if my tastebuds/appreciation for food was more advanced I'd actually be into this shit. But it bothers me.

wtf, get over it. You guys get shocked by this and then you get all cheesy and excited when it comes to KFC fried chicken. Laughable.

The octopus stirs the food inside the pan while it cooks, very efficient!

:cerious:

:cisfor:

i bet the octopus tastes great too

trooph!!

how stupid can human beings be

making a show out of this

I would lay odds on this being filmed by a white person in Korea, showing how exotic and worldly he is in his travels.

Guest bigs

it's one thing to kill an animal - cook it and eat it - which i firmly believe is unnecessary - especially in this day and age - unless one is extremely naive (or just doesn't care)

this however - is something completely different :diablo:

there are so many hyphens in this sentence. commas are awesome, man -- and that's coming from someone who love hyphens!

anywho, i think it's weird to fry it live. it doesn't lose "freshness" if they cracked it over the head in the kitchen before they brought it out.

I would lay odds on this being filmed by a white person in Korea, showing how exotic and worldly he is in his travels.

not judging by the accent on that woman...

not judging by the accent on that woman...

Listen to the guy at the start of the video - the one who asks "boiled alive?"

they do this to lobsters all the timmmmememememe

Which is certainly a bit fucked up given that most people fall back on the deeply unscientific idea that "they can't feel it" to justify it.

But re: octopuses and other cephalopods you're dealing with seriously intelligent creatures with apparently hefty amounts of sentience and even sapience. Basically the evolutionary pinnacles of an entire phylum. Researchers are really only starting to scratch the surface of this intelligence, which is certainly there but different and strange, and that makes it controversial because they're typically just thought of as mollusks and food.

If you've ever really interacted for a while with an octopus or a cuttlefish and seen that totally other type of problem solving/communication going on, including with respect to their interaction with you. . . it's hard not to watch this video and feel at least a little sick. And I don't mean in some hippy-dippy 'think of the carrots' sense. It seems fucking wrong.

I think when it comes down to it, if youre going to die, a minute of suffering before the release of death is one of the luckier draws you will get in this world. Certainly better than being fried alive and having the cooked flesh ripped from your body, or being digested alive by some carnivorous plant. Did you guys throw fits when oh dae-su eats the octopus in oldboy?

Archived