IGNORED

Myers-Briggs / Jung

Guest iamabe

Guest disparaissant

oh and INFP from the test i took a while ago (can't find the original page it's from:)

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, (lol wtf?) can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can’t control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

i mean, you want to talk harsh? i mean honestly, it really does apply to me quite well but it's kind of uncomfortable to see it laid out like that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the test is incredibly well researched. if you doubt it, you should really look into psychology more. this is it, this is the result of years of serious research.

Just because it is well researched, doesn't mean it can't be bullshit. I simply cannot believe you can encode an entire personality using just four letters.

Guest the anonymous forumite

I simply cannot believe you can encode an entire personality using just four letters.

i actually read through this yesterday and it's scary how well that describes my thought process

Yet I feel it's not a complete description of my personality. But then, one needs to define all the criteria included in the "personality" concept.

Guest iamabe

I think the MBT does a nice job breaking things into 16 coarse personality types. if you fall in the middle of each trait then you won't feel very strongly about your 4 letter score but for someone who is highly introverted, highly judging, etc it can be affirming and helpful to know that you're not a social retard and that there are people like you.

INTJ:

many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship)

Sounds like me. can other INTJ's relate?

Guest theSun

I simply cannot believe you can encode an entire personality using just four letters.

i actually read through this yesterday and it's scary how well that describes my thought process

Yet I feel it's not a complete description of my personality. But then, one needs to define all the criteria included in the "personality" concept.

well of course an essay can't capture the entire personality of a person, and not every INTP (or any other type) is identical to all other members, but given that, it really hit home. there are a few things that don't really apply to me, but when it addressed very core aspects of thinking, logic and social interaction i was like "woah"

Guest theSun

I think the MBT does a nice job breaking things into 16 coarse personality types. if you fall in the middle of each trait then you won't feel very strongly about your 4 letter score but for someone who is highly introverted, highly judging, etc it can be affirming and helpful to know that you're not a social retard and that there are people like you.

INTJ:

many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship)

Sounds like me. can other INTJ's relate?

i agree with this, and as an INTP i can relate to your social retardation

Yeah the description for my ESFP has me pretty much nailed, save for a thing or two. But it's basically a biography of my personality, missing some of my negative flaws.

guess what? I got INTP too!

Introverted: 22%

Intuitive: 50%

Thinking: 50%;

Percieveing: 33%

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

:trashbear:

oh and INFP from the test i took a while ago (can't find the original page it's from:)

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, (lol wtf?) can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can’t control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

i mean, you want to talk harsh? i mean honestly, it really does apply to me quite well but it's kind of uncomfortable to see it laid out like that.

yeah wtf? i too am an INFP, but this is just too much, literally. i mean, it's so much most people, who don't even see themselves as infp's, can see themselves identifying with a lot of this shit.

Guest -Ad-

The description of me as an INTJ was 90% accurate, particularly the stuff about logic being more important than emotion and feelimgs. I'm like this at work, in my studies and in my relationship

I have a lot of problems with these questions. Do I consider the scientific method to be the best? (When, where, for what purpose?) It's the best if I'm performing a scientific experiment. Sometimes I want to be alone, sometimes I want to get out of the house and socialize like mad. When composing music, I make decisions and solve problems using intuition and experimentation and experience. When working as a safety supervisor at the local pulp mill, I made decisions based on established safety procedures. When I'm tired I have difficulty communicating my feelings, when I'm on, I can talk all day and never shut up. Sometimes I prefer deeper one-on-one communication, sometimes I love stumbling around large parties while drunk bumping into random people. Sometimes I like long solitary walks to clear my head.

#57 really irked me. "When considering a situation you pay more attention to

the current situation and less to a possible sequence of events" Not even sure what that means but personally, I prefer to do both.

It's called basic metacognition skills. You know, adjusting yourself and the way you do things to the situation. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah: ENFP (E 33, I 62, F 50, P 22)

Which is interesting, because not too long ago I was beyond introverted and still go thru phases where I can't open my yap at all sometimes.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

<<------ INTJ

then i did the longer version and got:

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

89 25 12 33

89% wow i'm fucked

yeah wtf? i too am an INFP, but this is just too much, literally. i mean, it's so much most people, who don't even see themselves as infp's, can see themselves identifying with a lot of this shit.

At least you guys already know the power of the darkside.

Guest disparaissant

i let the hate flow through me every day oh yes

seriously though, all the other ones are like BUNCHA POSITIVE TRAITS BUNCHA NEGATIVE TRAITS and the one for INFP is like positive, positive, sorta positive, DEPRESSED FUCKING LONER WHO CAN NEVER MAKE APPOINTMENTS ON TIME, SMOKES TOO MUCH WEED, AND IS CLOSE PERSONAL FRIENDS WITH DARTH FUCKING VADER.

Guest disparaissant

well i quit smoking weed like 9 months ago but i'm probably still residually high so...

ISFP just like Sneaksta and Brandi.

Sure, I'm introverted but it all depends on where I am and if I'm with anyone I know. Plus, one's personality changes over the years. I used to be a lot more of a withdrawn than I am now so testing this on a kid wouldn't make any sense.

ISFP just like Sneaksta and Brandi.

Sure, I'm introverted but it all depends on where I am and if I'm with anyone I know. Plus, one's personality changes over the years. I used to be a lot more of a withdrawn than I am now so testing this on a kid wouldn't make any sense.

I'm ESFP y0! Close enough tho :emotawesomepm9:

Archived