IGNORED

Nurse With Wound

splesh

Guest Enter a new display name

I loved Nurse With Wound's performance last month. There were creepy visuals in the background while Stapleton's band played somewhat dark ambient music with various instruments.

I'm fairly certain that I used to like stapleton. I'm never in the mood for NWW anymore.

The Surveillance Lounge and Homotopy to Marie are the most frightening albums I've ever heard though.

Guest glasse

Used to listen to a lot of NWW

Sylvie & Babs, Acts of Senseless Beauty, Large Ladies w Cake in the Oven, Who Can I Turn To Stereo, to name a few.

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I'm big into NWW. Some of it is quite trying but I find myself enjoying most of it.

Andrew Liles and Colin Potter have done some absolutely wonderful solo stuff as well.

I've been meaning to look into them for a while now, but I've got a lot of new stuff lately... I'll get to them eventually. From what I've heard about them, it's pretty intense stuff. I might have to make them a priority to check out before some of the other stuff.

Guest ansgaria

Only know the band by name and as being highly praised by many other ambient and drone artists.

Yeah I'm big into NWW. Some of it is quite trying but I find myself enjoying most of it.

Andrew Liles and Colin Potter have done some absolutely wonderful solo stuff as well.

Wait, Liles and Potter are in Nurse With Wound? I've got records with both, never did realize that they're in it. I've got a collaboration record by Bass Communion, Colin Potter and Jonathan Coleclough. Dark as hell, but I really like it. And I've got a 2CD edition of Bass Communion's Ghosts on Magnetic Tape, where the second disc is the entire record reconstructed by Liles. Pretty neat.

Guest tht tne

i always wanted to investigate nurse with wound but i am a completist and slsk didn't have all their releases available... to the whatmobile!

Guest Greg Reason

Wait, Liles and Potter are in Nurse With Wound? I've got records with both, never did realize that they're in it. I've got a collaboration record by Bass Communion, Colin Potter and Jonathan Coleclough. Dark as hell, but I really like it. And I've got a 2CD edition of Bass Communion's Ghosts on Magnetic Tape, where the second disc is the entire record reconstructed by Liles. Pretty neat.

Colin Potter is on pretty much every NWW album, Liles only appeared on one or two I think. Jhonn Balance from Coil and David Tibet from Current 93 made appearances as well, and Stephen has done a few things with The Hafler Trio/Andrew McKenzie and William Bennet from Whitehouse. In fact I believe Whitehouse was originally Benneth with Stapleton and Jim Thirlwell/Foetus but I don't think they made any records with that lineup, just played shows.

Guest ansgaria

Colin Potter is on pretty much every NWW album, Liles only appeared on one or two I think. Jhonn Balance from Coil and David Tibet from Current 93 made appearances as well, and Stephen has done a few things with The Hafler Trio/Andrew McKenzie and William Bennet from Whitehouse. In fact I believe Whitehouse was originally Benneth with Stapleton and Jim Thirlwell/Foetus but I don't think they made any records with that lineup, just played shows.

That sounds pretty interesting. I have to dive into that world then.

Jim O'Rourke collaborated with NWW on some record

Now that I want to hear.

Any fans here besides myself?

I am a huge fan my favorites are Sugar Fish Drink, Second Pirate Session (both of which would appeal to fans of IDM), Soliloquy for the Lilith, Sucked Orange, Crumb Duck (collab with Stereolab) & the new one Space Music

absolutely cannot stand stuff they do with artsy fartsy spoken word poetry but i do love the stuff of their's thats just a really weird vocal sample going over the top of some weird noises

"who can i turn to stereo" is an example of NWW i stay away from like the plague (too bad too because Peter Christopherson is on the front, its an awful awful album though)

someone got me 'flawed existence' for christmas, a 4xlp boxset on my favorite label of the moment (vinyl on demand)

12610.jpg

(im wearing this shirt right now)

some NWW watmm will enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCgOJN8POo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7e5tmFWBPo&feature=related

what i love about NWW is they have drastically different material and they do almost every genre they've tried their hand at very well.

Guest Apeofnaples

Their discography looks pretty extensive. For those uninitiated, where is a good place to start?

Give the LIVIN' FEAR OF JAMES LAST comp a shot. SALT MARIE CELESTE is terrific if you like really long, minimal (not much happens at all) dark ambient pieces. Space Music is as stripped down in parts but more interesting to me.

I loved Nurse With Wound's performance last month. There were creepy visuals in the background while Stapleton's band played somewhat dark ambient music with various instruments.

Yeah, the visuals were awesome. It's some irish filmmaker whose name I can't remember. I wish the set had been longer though! (I was spoiled when I saw them in San Fran a year ago and they played a pretty sweet 70-minute set). When they went from the ambiance to the second pirate sessions that was a bit of crowd-pleasing fun as well

Archived