IGNORED

Mary Anne Hobbs Quits BBC

National Park

MAH is a legend, and with her leaving I now have no real reason to listen to radio 1 at all.

She championed dubstep from the early days, but she champions underground electronic music in general (always there to play new autechre when that gets released...)

R1 pretty much died for me anyway when John Peel passed away (RIP).

MAH will be greatly missed - Toddla T is no replacement

I would have fucked the shit out of Mary Anne Hobbs. Her and her sexy voice

You still can, its not like she's died or anything.

There is something super hot about a blonde chick DJing, especially if she is playing underground dubstep / idm shizzle

mary-anne-hobbs-1.jpg

mah-title-image.jpg

4170462852_be09f15ddf.jpg

come on guys, none of this "girls can dj stuff" anymore. it's getting old.

Not every blonde dj chick is hot. Anne Savage was a bit of a heffer. I just think MAH has a hot voice and a great taste in music, which definitely helps.

I would have fucked the shit out of Mary Anne Hobbs. Her and her sexy voice

You still can, its not like she's died or anything.

There is something super hot about a blonde chick DJing, especially if she is playing underground dubstep / idm shizzle

Shes getting a little too old now but if she put on some tunes I probably wouldn't be able to resist. A good taste in music is a fucking sexy attribute in a woman.

Marge phones it in.

20070907+Marge+Simpson.jpg

"Now i don't know anything about this lady, so i'll stay away from the voicing any kind of personal opinion about the merit of her existence. But it does seem to me, given that her new job will involve a lot of stability and settling down, that it wouldn't be too far fetched to suggest that perhaps this career move was made so that she could have kids. Youknow, maybe. mmm"

wot marge said ..

Good point Marge, except that she's 46 years old which is a little bit past the optimum for kids, although its still possible.

edit: quite an interesting interview in the Guardian's money section in 2004, about her early life and also financial situation (it being a money section): Mary Anne just keeps on rocking ... in her own way

edit: In that 2004 interview she is living with her boyfriend Gus, a motorcycle journalist. But then it turns out that he (Gus Scott) died in a motorbike accident in 2005, and is described in that article as the former fiance of M-A-H.In this other 2004 interview she describes living with him as a perfect life.

I feel sad now.

Archived