IGNORED

LOLstralia

Guest analogue wings

Guest analogue wings

WTF aussie wattumers, why didnt you alert wattum to this piece of lolstravagance?

I went to see Inception and this motherfucker played before it

i said THIS LOOKS LIKE A TAMPON AD maybe a smidge too loudly, but it gets even better/worse/lol/kill me now after the tampon ad part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxb8rgq_Un8

nice fucking ludicrous paranoid xenophobic spear rattling aggro bullshit guys. good thing australia has a realy good rep internationally right now cos othe... oh wait fuck

Well for a start, it's from a series of children's books that I think was released in the 80's maybe early 90's. I've read the first one, which this film is based on, and it was quite fun and felt like it was gonna have a point but then it got to the end and was more or less like...

Stay tuned for part 2!

Which was really dissapointing. Secondly, in the books, what's quite interesting is that the author intentionally made the "enemy nation" vague, basically describing them looking and sounding like they could be from anywhere so as not to come across xenophobic and to focus on what the story was really about: action and (poor, childish) character development (I said it was fun, it wasn't particularly deep).

This trailer looks almost EXACTLY what I imagined it to be, in fact I guessed it was Tomorrow when the War Began within the first few seconds. The only thing that's different is that they look A LOT "prettier" and hollywood than I imagined.

Guest analogue wings

That sounds like the kind of book you would read at school if you lucked out and nobody told you about the Tripods Trilogy

That sounds like the kind of book you would read at school if you lucked out and nobody told you about the Tripods Trilogy

Yeah pretty much.... it's more or less worthless but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining. I just don't think it's something bad enough to make a whole thread to hate on it.

I thought it would have been better if it turned into a slasher film.

originally, that's what i thought the trailer was getting at. Like a revival of australia's hey day of slash films.

Guest tv_party

I think red dawn is already done. a friend of a friend had a bit part as a chinese commander or something in it.

Hm, reminds me a bit of Battle Royale. I'm sure the trailer makes it look better than it is, though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

Umm... no.. it's NOTHING like that.

Yeah New Zealand films are where its at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbOmCUWm25w

Indeed. Braindead and Heavenly Creatures are magnificent.

Archived