IGNORED

Buzz Caner / Music Is Rotted One Note

superstix

Buzz Caner.... finanally got it on vinyl this year but..... i love this album from begining to end.. hard, fast and bassy. Harsh as a mofo. Nice touches of comedy too......... "You stupid fucking wankers... bye"

Music is rotted...... gorgeous and trippy. You could listen to this on a repeat loop form hours and get lost in its cool jazz. The opening track is soooooooooo good.

Music Is Rotted is my next squarepusher purchase, I'm very curious about your thoughs, they seem so different from each other...only listened to "My Sound" (thanks to the warp chosen comp) and that's really really amazing, just love the construction of the track, the way it slowly drawn you into some magic ocean. So far.

had a good listen to buzz caner in the car the other day......... truly amazing record:

Some notes

- You got to love the breaks he has throughout the tracks.... those small pauses.. this album is very live sounding

- the end of male pill part 6 sounds like a Clockwork Orange homage or something

- "Up the Gary" is played by Aphex Twin at "Live in Gent"

(any other Buzz Caner RDJ moments?)

- Use of fucked up vocals on this album. "Whitehouse" influence perhaps?

- The acid riff from "generation shit" is the same as the end of Them from Ernest Borgnine

Music Is Rotted is my next squarepusher purchase, I'm very curious about your thoughs, they seem so different from each other...only listened to "My Sound" (thanks to the warp chosen comp) and that's really really amazing, just love the construction of the track, the way it slowly drawn you into some magic ocean. So far.

Rotted is very different from the rest of his discog, most similar to only Mindphone. Fantastic album though, reminds me a lot of late Miles Davis

I hated the album. I still do. It's probably a good one. But I cannot love it.

I only loved one track on MIRON: Circular Flexing. Dark.

God I love the mood of Music is Rotted. The first three tracks all just set the tone for this crazy, lo-fi, claustrophic trippy jazz-funk. The drums throughout every track are so fucking cool too.

Archived