IGNORED

Do you like DUBSTEP?

YEK

74 members have voted

1. 1. DUBSTEP, YAY or NAY ?

As some others have said.. When it's good it's great, when it's bad it's horrible. Some dubstep actually only works in a club though, and I've surprised myself sometimes as to what I can like if played in the right setting.

Mount Kimbie, Joy Orbison Appleblim, Scuba, Boxcutter, Burial, Kode9, Shackleton, Darkstar, Milanese.. that's the ones I can recall now that I really enjoy and recommend. Dubstep is a big genre though, so a lot of these aren't really similar at all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Atop...listened to your mix.. liked about half of it. The skream mix of that la roux song was good.

Burial has so much 2-step in untrue...

"I got my drink and my two step

my drink and my two step

got my drink and my two step

my drink and my two step

It's on, it's on, it's on and I'm home

get the patrón and tell them that it's on"

Hey Atop...listened to your mix.. liked about half of it. The skream mix of that la roux song was good.

Half is better than zero, thanks for checken maestro chen! :emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

ugh was that skream mix the one that was in all those commercials for that bayonneta game? that got on my nerves so fast.

Half is better than zero, thanks for checken maestro chen! :emotawesomepm9:

I listened to it, sober, then stoned, then sober..just to make sure...:)

tbh, i don´t really know what dubstep is. i love burial (eventhough it took me months to get into his stuff), ital tek, martyn and some ikonika tracks. but this generic skream, benga wobble-bass etc. bullshit bores me.

okok, skream`s "no future" remix is nasty and totally awesome.

[youtubehd]gytD5qaRdno[/youtubehd]

oh I thought you were listening to it to make sure it did in fact suck, just driving the nail deeper into your coffin of hatred.......hehehehE.....thanks man, we need a sarcasm function up on the interweb! *injects sarcasm* I was going to quit making mixes because of you .....will commence asap :emotawesomepm9:

I feel this is a very hazy subject. There is some 'dubstep' about which is fucking terrible. I first heard that sort of 'dubstep' a good few years ago at Clockwork in London (now closed) and was shocked at how basic and shit it was. However there are other sounding pieces which are nice to listen to.

I don't think there is a simple dubstep genre. I'm not too sure what it all is.

All I think is that the name 'dubstep' will dissappear like UK Garage (Which I fucking hate almost as much as R&B).

Archived