IGNORED

Do you like DUBSTEP?

YEK

74 members have voted

1. 1. DUBSTEP, YAY or NAY ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's the clichéd trashy dubstep that all has the same bassline then there's the clever creative stuff that uses the dubstep groove but tries to do something different

Borgore is more tongue n' cheek fun but he comes more from a metal/hip hop/psytrance background comming from Israel.

The stuff that's a mishmash of genres- Burial, Mount Kimbie, Actress, Zomby, Martyn, Darkstar- that's where it's at. The whole dark and edgy wobble bassline stuff is likely to go the way of drum and bass while others continue to evolve.

i've been skimming through the genre. it's been mostly nay (or mehh rather) but a few yays. so i won't vote on either

i like the nontypical dubstep sound with some idm cherry on top. Ital Tek and RESO is my kind of thing. and that darkstar computer track is nice.

Yes. The same as I do with any other "genre" of music - there is some great stuff, and loads of turd.

iTAL tEK, boxcutter, digital mystikz, appleblim (and the rest of skull disco), real heavy mental stuff like boregore, cookie monsta etc... all have made some great tunes.

Guest disparaissant

i don't like a lot of it but i don't hate all of it. so i went with yay.

mostly echoing what's been said in this thread - neil landstrumm, iTAL tEK, Mt. Kimbie, basically people who don't just do "typical" dubstep is what I like, mix it up a bit. genres having sex with eachother is hot.

I'm not quite as forgiving as ATOP...;) even though I love the pink bunny.

http://soundcloud.com/daily-juice-radio/subliminator-mix

Please listen?

Downloaded, will listen tomorrow on the way to school.

All I meant was that you give love to more music than I do. But I love you, so it's cool.

neil landstrumm

fuck yeah, how could I forget him? The king of 4/4 into dubby sounds. Catch this man DJing live if you can he knows how to do it.

On a similar tip, the man Surgeon has been dropping some killer dubstep into his sets lately.

Burial is barely dubstep.

Burial is totally dubstep!

Shackleton, Leofah, DMZ, Appleblim, Scuba, Pinch, Peverelist, Headhunter, Distance, Vex'd, Kode9, iTAL tEK, Martyn, 2562,

So much good music to be had.

Guest analogue wings

How can you write off a whole genre you morons. Especially one that has fairly loose boundaries.

00014437.jpg

Waylon1.jpg

Guest AcrossCanyons

i like dubstep.

a lot of it is fun, and great to dance to. i like a little of the more idm leanings but honestly, i find most of it much more boring than the club/"brostep" stuff.

also Reso is the king of dubstep in my eyes and he hasn't been topped and probably won't be.

Archived