IGNORED

Do you like DUBSTEP?

YEK

74 members have voted

1. 1. DUBSTEP, YAY or NAY ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the deeper and more atmospheric stuff, not the wobble wankery known as "brostep" or "filthstep" that makes evryone go "omg so filthy". Most of that kinda dubstep is just some terribly produced garbage with some fuck who happened to set the filter to cutoff and jerk off the LFO rate, and in many cases doesnt understand where the "dub" in dubstep comes from *cough*Borgore*cough*... There is some really great stuff out there though, and a few labels that consistently put out good stuff. Hyperdub, Hemlock, and most of Planet Mu's releases come to mind, and some other various small labels. You just have to dig through a lot of the shit, as you do with any new genre that grows popular very fast. The scene has become oversaturated with new artists trying to cop in on the popularity.

It's easy to make bad dubstep, but making good well produced dubstep with atmosphere and a sense of restraint, does take talent

Guest Sprigg

I like Milanese a lot, and a few random tracks here and there. Sharee is pretty good... otherwise, haven't heard enough to hate the genre as a whole.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I would think that IDM heads would eat up stuff like Point B, Boxcutter, Mt. Kimbie, Al Tourettes, Vex'd, & Coleco without even thinking twice.

vex'd was the first dubstep I got into back in '05. in general I like dubstep tracks that have space and restraint, although the over-the-top agressive stuff has its place in the context of a set. I love n-types dubstep allstars mix cd because it's so diverse and includes some of that stuff without making you sick of it. I don't see how people listen to entire sets of the stuff.

Not really, except Scorn.

Agreed, I only like Scorn. I guess wAgAwAgA if he's considered in this too, but I think his shit is too good to be dubstep.

Burial is barely UKG.

Fixt.

2-step innit?

I would think that IDM heads would eat up stuff like Point B, Boxcutter, Mt. Kimbie, Al Tourettes, Vex'd, & Coleco without even thinking twice.

I do enjoy various tracks form those artists, as well as Neil Landstrumm and Milanese (although I do wish Milanese would make some more techno, the release on Arcola was fucking banging). There are obviously plenty of good dubstep tracks, but like everything else it requires wading though the shit. I'm not quite as forgiving as ATOP...;) even though I love the pink bunny.

Archived