IGNORED

things your friends say

Guest disparaissant

Guest disparaissant

haha my roommate JUST NOW finally listened to Tunng. He's been on a HUGE poptronica/folktronica kick but refused to check out Tunng SIMPLY BECAUSE i mentioned that becky jacobs is max tundra's sister. he's prejudiced against my tastes! not that tunng is really any good but i mean he's listening to styrofoam and notwist and the postal service so its better than that garbage i guess.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most people i know are somewhat familiar with the music i listen to. i also don't listen exclusively to idm/electronic music though. if someone doesn't know what i'm listening to and isn't into it the usual reaction is just "this is weird" and nothing beyond that.

i don't think i've ever heard "boring"

i have. "it's too repetitive! this is boring! wah wah wah!"

this is the stuff that resentment is made of.

eh, i guess i didn't think of repetitive nature...but it could very easily be labeled boring.

the problem is, i'm not sure if i could actually create a rebuttal to that. I'm very awful at arguing

All music has repetition? If it didnt it would really suck. Most of the stuff I listen to is more progressive.

I prefer something to progress slowly rather that like verse chorus verse chorus.

my friends say things like 'wow this is fucking great shit, you are the most amazing human being ive possibly ever met, and also really attractive and cool. id like to make sweet love to you' so you guys are obviously just listening to shitty music.

When I used to listen to more industrial, this one guy I knew said, "oh, is that the music with chains rattling and ghosts and stuff."

Guest nene multiple assgasms

after playing some aphex twin (i think girl+boy song, cant remember):

"I prefer listening to something with more rhythm"

I wonder what the word rhythm means to that person.

after playing some aphex twin (i think girl+boy song, cant remember):

"I prefer listening to something with more rhythm"

I wonder what the word rhythm means to that person.

Probably rhythm as in rhythm&bass :cisfor:

the most positive thing i've heard was

"i like that you have to make your own assumptions"

..fill in the blanks

make up some kind of own world to put it in context or something like that

my english isn't good enough for this but i liked it

there was this one time at a party i threw many years ago. there was something from feed me weird things playing, i don't remember the track. but one dude was like "this is repetitive!" and i responded... "YOUR MOM IS REPETITIVE!" got lols from many at the party.

so... if you guys here at watmm are met with someone who disses your choice of IDM playin', just simply respond with a "YOUR MOM..." joke and it'll shut them up. it's worked for me on many levels!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

if someone says something is repetitive, I'll just respond by saying "there can be joy in repetition," then purse my lips and raise one eyebrow.

Archived