IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

Guest futuregirlfriend

What would be really good is if you can save things you made (like a preset) so you can just spawn them whenever you like. So you could save a 5 block combo and just spawn 5 blocks at time to make building faster or save an entire building to have two of em.

I'll bet if you suggest it on the minecraft forum someone smart will attempt to whip up a tool.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that perpetual motion machine is fucking sweeeeet.

btw, notch *bought* an office building (or floor of a building) for mojang today.

beyond minecraft, i can see this guy doing great, valve-ish things.

i play peaceful a lot of the time, but i still find myself committing suicide a lot when i have loads of shit stored at home and i'm undertaking a big project.

i've never turned on peaceful, maybe I should start but it feels like the easy way out.

Question about that minecart video, what is the "booster to keep the mine cart in motion" he talks about?

edit: nevermind, watching first video....

Question about that minecart video, what is the "booster to keep the mine cart in motion" he talks about?

at the moment, when two carts are next to each other, there's a feedback loop where they keep adding momentum to each other.

i guess it's a bug sorta, and this exploits it.

he has two loops, one has momentum from the ramps, which adds to the momentum of the other one. when the one at ground level has completed a loop it arrives back at the right square for the other loop to add momentum and in turn have momentum added to it.

it's very very fucking elegant.

Guest David R James

So the main 'save' that I've been working on since the start has disappeared? My computer crashed while I was in a session and now I've rebooted the save has gone. Any ideas where it might have gone?I think for some spastic reason it has deleted itself. Well gutted :facepalm:

I just have the exe on my desktop does it automatically issue a directory for saves etc?

So the main 'save' that I've been working on since the start has disappeared? My computer crashed while I was in a session and now I've rebooted the save has gone. Any ideas where it might have gone?I think for some spastic reason it has deleted itself. Well gutted :facepalm:

I just have the exe on my desktop does it automatically issue a directory for saves etc?

On Windows XP it's C:/Docs and Settings/username/Application Data/.minecraft/Saves

On Vista and 7 it's C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/Saves

Take a look there. Inside Saves it should be folders called World 1, 2 etc, with millions of folders and files inside.

I need to get playing this again. I haven't properly sat down with this game in a while what with work being so busy. Didn't even get home from the city all weekend :(

Guest David R James
So the main 'save' that I've been working on since the start has disappeared? My computer crashed while I was in a session and now I've rebooted the save has gone. Any ideas where it might have gone?I think for some spastic reason it has deleted itself. Well gutted :facepalm: I just have the exe on my desktop does it automatically issue a directory for saves etc?
On Windows XP it's C:/Docs and Settings/username/Application Data/.minecraft/SavesOn Vista and 7 it's C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/SavesTake a look there. Inside Saves it should be folders called World 1, 2 etc, with millions of folders and files inside.

also i think there's utilities that can recover from a crash like that, google it.

ok chaps thank u kindly

I can't bring myself to play this on anything other than peaceful for more than an in-game night. The monsters are just so irritating. They aren't fun at all to kill and you essentially get totally raped if you need to go get something outside at night time.

If the combat was remotely interesting then it would be a different story but I feel like this game works a lot better without zombies trying to kill you every 6 seconds. Same goes with exploring the cave depths. Every time I put enemies on, I regret it fairly quickly afterwards when I waste a shitload of steel making armor and then get blown up somewhere that I can't find my way back to.

If peaceful mode ever gets removed, I think I would stop playing.

Guest AcrossCanyons

I play peaceful when I'm building outside because I don't like to cut up my building time, but I play hard usually. I also die quite a lot because I play on a macbook with the trackpad and when I panic after falling into a cave etc my hands do weird things and my mouse cursor usually ends up facing the roof and then a creeper will explode me ;_;

Does the developer come to these boards?

Where do you look for inspiration?

Music, usually. I usually listen to either electronic music a la Squarepusher and Autechre....

Guest Pennywise

I can't bring myself to play this on anything other than peaceful for more than an in-game night. The monsters are just so irritating. They aren't fun at all to kill and you essentially get totally raped if you need to go get something outside at night time.

If the combat was remotely interesting then it would be a different story but I feel like this game works a lot better without zombies trying to kill you every 6 seconds. Same goes with exploring the cave depths. Every time I put enemies on, I regret it fairly quickly afterwards when I waste a shitload of steel making armor and then get blown up somewhere that I can't find my way back to.

If peaceful mode ever gets removed, I think I would stop playing.

noob

Archived