IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

Guest AcrossCanyons

i think what the game really needs is some sort of purpose. If you aren't that keen on building stuff, there really isn't much incentive to play it. I still think it would be cool if you mined stuff in order to buy certain things. e.g. trade 300 iron bars for cash to buy a cool weapon. Perhaps buying stronger weapons is essential to kill(new) stronger enemies

Notch plans for an "adventure" mode.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so why hasnt anyone picked this up yet, this is old news right.

or am i missing out on the news of a big games company adopting it

i just dont buy it until i see it working fo reels

unlimited is never unlimited

so why hasnt anyone picked this up yet, this is old news right.

or am i missing out on the news of a big games company adopting it

i just dont buy it until i see it working fo reels

unlimited is never unlimited

Really? Think about it...

Think about how much money ATI, Nvidia and Microsoft would lose if you didn't have to keep upgrading your hardware for more power or your OS for more Features that being more detail (Like DX11). Skipping straight to Unlimited detail means they lose money so unless one of them buys this or adopts this technology we won't ever see this again. Which most likely due to the fact every major corporation out there are greedy Jews, they won't and will only try and kill this.

Here is some of the stuff the guy managed to do all on his own. http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/pictures.html

I'd really hope that maybe Intel adopts this and takes the graphics market lead again.

i think what the game really needs is some sort of purpose. If you aren't that keen on building stuff, there really isn't much incentive to play it. I still think it would be cool if you mined stuff in order to buy certain things. e.g. trade 300 iron bars for cash to buy a cool weapon. Perhaps buying stronger weapons is essential to kill(new) stronger enemies

if he could make the multiplayer really work with "rules" of some sort, the game could be what second life never managed to achieve. For example, have a huge persistent world hosted on a server, where when you start up you are able to buy a tract of land. Other people do the same and become your neighbor. You can explore and find unclaimed land and stake a claim, or you can squat on someone else's land if they aren't managing it. You could also take land by force (this would have to be balanced carefully, maybe it'd be best not to do PVP at all). You would get the funds to buy more acreage through your mining activities. You'd have civilization, farmville, and ultima underworld all wrapped up in one addictive package (no, I haven't even tried playing minecraft multiplayer yet).

Edit: Lol at ziggomatic for applying conspiracy theories to gaming - well done!

WE WOULD HAVE UNLIMITED ENERGY IF ONLY THE MAN DIDN'T KILL HIPPY INVENTORS!

Guest Pennywise

if he could make the multiplayer really work with "rules" of some sort, the game could be what second life never managed to achieve. For example, have a huge persistent world hosted on a server, where when you start up you are able to buy a tract of land. Other people do the same and become your neighbor. You can explore and find unclaimed land and stake a claim, or you can squat on someone else's land if they aren't managing it. You could also take land by force (this would have to be balanced carefully, maybe it'd be best not to do PVP at all). You would get the funds to buy more acreage through your mining activities. You'd have civilization, farmville, and ultima underworld all wrapped up in one addictive package (no, I haven't even tried playing minecraft multiplayer yet).

sounds too dangerous, minecraft needs to be destroyed now before it's too late.

I'd really hope they would do something like that. This game has so much potential but unfortunately the 8bit looking graphics is a major turn off for me (Even though I can respect that).

sounds too dangerous, minecraft needs to be destroyed now before it's too late.

Just think about it - all he needs to do is separate boats into "rowboats" and "oceangoing ships". Rowboats would only work out to a certain distance away from land. Oceangoing ships would need a minimum crew to operate, but could explore new continents. So, you'd need to get together a crew of friends/expedition, and then set sail for new continents. In a way it would be like instances in WoW, except with no loading times. I think this would be a blast.

rogerdeeeeeean.png

is there a chiptune yes band who need a cover? this is the beginning of some proper roger dean shit.

oh kaini you just gave me the best idea. new pselodux prog album cover. maybe i'll go home tonight and work on something. i may have found a point to minecraft after all, haha!

edit: actually is it possible to export high res screenshots from minecraft?

you can hit f11 to go fullscreen, but after initial experiments it just shows up as black with a prtscr. i'm sure there's either hax or a more advanced screenshot util that can do it, though.

explooore.png

the open-endedness of the game is a joy. when you're sick of making sweet architecture and mining, just go explore. when you're sick of exploring, make a big tower for a landmark. and that's just in peaceful :emotawesomepm9:

i really love some of those unlimited detail demos. trippy

there is a ridiculous amount of potential for really fun times in minecraft with new ideas, but for some reason i don't have any faith that they will be put into action.

the graphics in minecraft are great the way they are, there should be more customization available though.

i really think they need to work on the multiplayer and the combat. there is so much potential for great massive online fun

the open-endedness of the game is a joy. when you're sick of making sweet architecture and mining, just go explore. when you're sick of exploring, make a big tower for a landmark. and that's just in peaceful :emotawesomepm9:

yeah, I think the game strikes a very delicate balance, which is what makes it so appealing. The idea of dangerous night/peaceful day was a stroke of genius. It brings us back to that childhood place where the night is scary again. But the cute hopping lambs and frolicking ducks make it feel warm an charming. The other dichotomy is the peaceful aboveground/scary depths, which works really well too. Plus the sound design/music is just brilliant and compensates for the funky graphics a great deal.

new music from the guy who does the music in the halloween update.

primitive device to slow down a minecart so i can jump on it. anyone got any better solutions?

lolcary.png

view from the top of The Big Bridge

bighighbride.png

view from the minecart track that is currently breaking my heart

bridgefromtrack.png

view from home (that's not the big bridge on the right, that's a sub-bridge)

viewfrmhome.png

as soon as i'm finished fine-tuning the minecart track, FRAPS will be getting all up in this bitch :wub:

Hey, guys? When can I watch some Minecraft machinima with an Autechre soundtrack? It would be nice is all I'm sayin'.

Guest Franklin

my minecraft career might be over. just spent the better part of a week on my ground-level house which was composed of wool pure iron blocks and glass. inside it had entire walls of lava behind glass behind water behind glass. I had made trees that were almost as big as mountains, and two waterfalls that spilled through my house from cloud level.

and then i accidentally turned off my UPS which powers my computer and when i booted the game back up the world was GONE.

I've decided that I'm going to try to minecraft my actual home however which might be a bit more productive.

What would be really good is if you can save things you made (like a preset) so you can just spawn them whenever you like. So you could save a 5 block combo and just spawn 5 blocks at time to make building faster or save an entire building to have two of em.

Archived