IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit. Today i found about 10 times more caves than in my entire minecraft history. Got copletly lost and can't find a way to get out. :fail: The last one is unbelievably big.

yeah, before I quit minecraft I was heavily into using cartograph to find the largest cave systems, and then digging directly down into the center of them. Funny how a game made from blocks can bring the terms "majestic" and "awe-inspiring" to mind...There was one room where 6 or 7 waterfalls converged that was jaw-dropping in its own minecrafty-way

in my experience, the caves aren't always as big as they seem, it's just difficult not to get lost. i recommend building some features (pillars, etc...) or placing signs. i'm in the middle of cleaning out a huuuge cave, and sometimes when i tear down a wall i discover a seemingly remote part of the cave is actually just a few steps from the entrance. orientation!

yes one of the songs is really similar to a LOST one.

re: not getting lost, when exploring sometimes i would lay down a path below my feeth so i could trace it back, kinda like leaving a bread crumb trail but with blocks. bit tedious but effective and it looks ok.

I hadn't played this all THAT much since I got it (life in the way) but I've played a few times the past few days, and I've been using the opportunity to listen to music, because I never seem to listen to music anymore. Last night was Oversteps. I had never given it the listen it deserved before. Now I will say running up the crest of a hill to r ess, my house in the distance with the sun coming up.... wow..... thats all.

Guest David R James

yes one of the songs is really similar to a LOST one.

re: not getting lost, when exploring sometimes i would lay down a path below my feeth so i could trace it back, kinda like leaving a bread crumb trail but with blocks. bit tedious but effective and it looks ok.

I want a Kate to bang in my home made shed i built.

yeah i think laying hansel and gretel pebbles is the best way. But sometimes getting completely lost is good, unless you have stacks of supplies. So much out there it's stupid

in my experience, the caves aren't always as big as they seem, it's just difficult not to get lost. i recommend building some features (pillars, etc...) or placing signs. i'm in the middle of cleaning out a huuuge cave, and sometimes when i tear down a wall i discover a seemingly remote part of the cave is actually just a few steps from the entrance. orientation!

same happened to me a lot. The worst cave systems are the ones that are like swiss cheese, with lots of crisscrosses and no logical flow.

I had three methods for not getting lost. One was to create the occassional important doorway out of dirt, so there'd be a brown frame that was easy to pick out from the general gray background. Another was to lay down little trails of redstone pointing towards the doorways that lead back to the surface, this was my most often used purpose for redstone, actually. The third was after the halloween update if I ended up with nether blocks on me, I'd place them in the same was as I placed the redstone, with the bonus of being able to set them on fire as a light-source (though the crackling disguises the noise cues of mobs, which is dangerous).

i have a rent inspection today, and lastnight i had a dream that the inspection was actually for a house i was building in minecraft. also i told the property manager to call the developer of minecraft and tell him to make it easier to fill a large area with water. zole! i don't even play it anymore!

Guest Pennywise

god damn it, someone buy a fucking server already! i wanna play witchew niggas

Just find a decent server on har and we will agree to all go on the same one.

52 Pages (for me, that is) and I've never even seen this thread before. Seems weird how everyone's loving the shit out of the game cause it looks like the kind of game I could never get into. I wouldn't really want to either, it looks terrible and unrewarding :unsure:

52 Pages (for me, that is) and I've never even seen this thread before. Seems weird how everyone's loving the shit out of the game cause it looks like the kind of game I could never get into. I wouldn't really want to either, it looks terrible and unrewarding :unsure:

Fuck You!

Is this real?? , can you actually do something like that?

Minecraft___Server_060809___1_by_Nova225.jpg

definitely! that is probably the result of the joint effort of a LOT of people on a multiplayer creative server... checkit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ektcbfkW8

edit: there are scripts/tools to convert pixel art like the mario into minecraft structures... eg

Minecraftmegaman.png

multicoloured blocks like those are a server mod though... they don't exist in the official release. the amount of mods available is mindboggling, but they tend to break every time notch updates the client.

Archived