IGNORED

Yo US genban_erz .. What is a 40 ??

delet...

I have seen this mentioned for years in song and film (Friday(icecube)), and sort of understood it to mean a 40 ounce drink maybe a mixed drink cause they wouldn't be hoeing into a 40 ounce of straight whiskey. So what is it ?? .. Sure i could look this qit up on google, but that wouldn't provide me with culturally relevant explanation from those i trust.

Guest disparaissant

cheap malt liquor, generally. malt liquor being a legal distinction for beer over like 5% ABV that isn't expensive. really kind of a classist term, malt liquor...

colt_45.jpg

pretty good way to get a buzz on for 2 dollars or so!

Guest disparaissant

oh and always go for colt 45 over olde english 800. i dont know why OE is so popular. it tastes like a skunk's butthole. colt 45 is at least barely palatable until it gets warm.

also

billydeesign.jpg

or you can do what people who have lost all hope do and go for

Steel_reserve.jpg

it's mostly for people who have given up all hope. my brother drinks so much of it his nickname is steely dan. it smells like engine degreaser and tastes like cardboard soaked in oil.

thats supposed to be a picture of steel reserve 2-11, like 9% ABV.

cheap malt liquor, generally. malt liquor being a legal distinction for beer over like 5% ABV that isn't expensive. really kind of a classist term, malt liquor...

colt_45.jpg

pretty good way to get a buzz on for 2 dollars or so!

oh, thanks mate. yeah, when they would say 'malt liquor' for some reason that made me think that it must have something to do with an higher strength beverage like whiskey. But it's just beer lol.

;-]

does that mean that when they import + 5% german beers ect. that they have to be rebranded as malt liquors ? I'd imagine not, but then wouldn't that be breaking the law.

Guest disparaissant

it's a state law thing, i believe. some states require all beer over a certain % ABV to be labelled as malt liquor, but i think almost all of them make exceptions for imports.

-over here we have 750 mL (26 ounce) bottles of beer, which we call tall'eez, locally and a few other colloquialisms that i can't recall at the moment around the country. we don't have a 40 ounce bottle, though. and given that i'm not into flat beer, i'm kind of glad of that, if i wanted to share i'd get this.

heineken_keg-3278.jpg

which is the equivalent of 2 six packs i think. hopefully other brands come out with this, although it does seem a tad wasteful, at least it would take up less room on the middle shelf of the fridge (if you didn't already have a bar/beer fridge, hehe) .

Guest disparaissant

Additional question, in them darkie movies they always throw the malt liquor bottles hidden in paper wrapping/bags on the ground when the cops arrive, is it forbidden to drink outside in the open in the USA?

darkies, classy.

yeah, can't have open intoxicants unless they are concealed for some reason. an allegory for america.

i was quite a drinker in highschool. i could polish off 2 40's fairly easily. i remember beer bonging a 40; i drank like half of it in one go.... times...

hey I did the same! you're probably familiar with the game Edward Fortyhands, yeah?

i was quite a drinker in highschool. i could polish off 2 40's fairly easily. i remember beer bonging a 40; i drank like half of it in one go.... times...

hey I did the same! you're probably familiar with the game Edward Fortyhands, yeah?

no, explain

you duct tape a forty to each hand and have a friend remove the caps. Even taking a piss or opening a door is a fairly difficult task before the first forty has been cleared and shaken off.

you duct tape a forty to each hand and have a friend remove the caps. Even taking a piss or opening a door is a fairly difficult task before the first forty has been cleared and shaken off.

ive tried this. drinkin a 6 pack before you get your hands taped up doesnt help much.

Guest Coalbucket PI

lol, I like the stupidity of this

imperial measurement fail.

The Cobra is 6% ABV, which is not so bad but when you're dropping 40 oz./0.0072280745195 UK barrels/0.065052670675 UK buckets/1,182.9411825 cubic centimetres/1,182 941.1825 cubic millimetres/5.204213654 Canadian cups/4.7317647301 metric cups/11.829411825 deciliters/0.260210 6827 UK gallons/8.3267418464 UK gills/26.666666667 jiggers/1.1829411825 liters/19984.180432 minims/2.0816854616 UK pints/1.0331003131 German quarts/1.0408427308 UK quarts/83.267418464 UK tablespoons/333.06967386 UK teaspoons.

lol

Archived