IGNORED

Semen

Guest the anonymous forumite

Time to drop the SSRIs, kids.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=an-ode-to-the-many-evolved-virtues-2010-09-22

There is good in this goo. Such anxiolytic chemicals include, but are by no means limited to, cortisol (known to increase affection), estrone (which elevates mood), prolactin (a natural antidepressant), oxytocin (also elevates mood), thyrotropin-releasing hormone (another antidepressant), melatonin (a sleep-inducing agent) and even serotonin (perhaps the most well-known antidepressant neurotransmitter).

The antidepressant effects of seminal plasma may not be limited to vaginal absorption of its mood-brightening chemical properties. “It would be interesting to investigate,” write Gallup and his coauthors, “the possible antidepressant effects of oral ingestion of semen, or semen applied through anal intercourse (or both) among both heterosexual couples as well as homosexual males.”

I’ve barely scratched the surface of the evolved semen literature. Here’s a snapshot of other recent findings from Gallup’s lab: semen-exposed women perform better on concentration and cognitive tasks; women’s bodies can detect “foreign” semen that differs from their recurrent sexual partner’s signature semen, an evolved system that, Gallup believes, often leads to unsuccessful pregnancies because it signals a disinvested male partner who is not as likely to provide for the offspring; women who had unprotected sex with their ex-partners—and therefore were getting regularly inseminated—experience more significant depression on breaking up than those who were not as regularly exposed to their ex’s semen (and they also go on the “rebound” faster in seeking new sexual partners, which presumably would help fix their semen-deprived depression). And the list goes on.

:w00t:

Guest Jackson Michaels

From the comments on that article:

Although I'm unqualified to evaluate or even comment on the technical validity of the tentative conclusions of the study, from the personal perspective of an otherwise straight male who enthusiastically enjoys performing fellatio and ingesting ejaculate, I can wholeheartedly agree with the opinion suggesting the mood enhancing qualities of semen. It's the quintessential "happy meal"

:cisfor:

Regarding the ethics of semen, I heard that "salty" was ok, "sweet" was best, and "bitter" was to avoid. I've never heard of acid semen though.

I heard you should eat pineapple so your semen tastes better.

this is true - i ate fruits (including pineapple) exclusively for more then eight months and i got compliments on my semen all the time :wub:

lol

Regarding the ethics of semen, I heard that "salty" was ok, "sweet" was best, and "bitter" was to avoid. I've never heard of acid semen though.

I bet Aphex Twin has acid semen.

/pretendstobetroon

Archived