IGNORED

MFB Microzwerg

Cryptowen

I was only planning on buying string instruments this year, but I have some spare change in my gear fund so I was tossing around the idea of getting another synth. I'm currently looking at an MFB Microzwerg. Anyone here use one? I like the Youtube demos I've heard, & I bet I could get some interesting sounds hooking it up with my MS-10's patchbay, but it would be good to hear comments from people who've actually tried one out.

I was also considering one of those old Soviet synths that are always on Ebay, but they seem a bit untrustworthy.

not used a microzwerg, but have a synthlite II and love it. build quality is poor, sound quality is poor, but despite this I still love the thing. great for acid noises, bleeps and squelches and sounds very analogue and raw.

get a Mopho dude

I was thinking something with more modular capabilities, seeing as I already have one semi-modular synth. Some day I want to get into building my own full-blown modules, but for the time being synths with holes in them is what I'm looking at.

I'm also looking at getting some really 80s/Fairlight CMI sounding digital synths (I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like how those sound as much as analog beeps & boops), but but probably not until further down the road.

get a Mopho dude

I was thinking something with more modular capabilities, seeing as I already have one semi-modular synth. Some day I want to get into building my own full-blown modules, but for the time being synths with holes in them is what I'm looking at.

I'm also looking at getting some really 80s/Fairlight CMI sounding digital synths (I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like how those sound as much as analog beeps & boops), but but probably not until further down the road.

darkenergy.jpg

1_DX11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Second hand:

The business

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Microzwerg, had it arrive today. Can't actually try it out yet, though, because I don't have the proper North American adapter for it. Same thing happened last year when I bought an MFB-522, & I ended up having to get a power supply on Ebay.

At the moment my techno making set-up is

computer -(midi out)> mixer -(midi out)> Kenton midi converter -(CV out)> MS-10

computer -(midi out)> mixer -(midi out)> Kenton midi converter -(midi through)> MFB-522

There's no midi through on the MFB stuff, so I'm either going to have to switch up the drum machine & the synth a lot or hook up the Microzwerg to the CV/trigger outs on the MS-10 & have it play the same notes. Or just buy some midi splitter cable.

Archived