IGNORED

I have found an excellent Media Player.

murve33

I use a PC.

I started off using Windows Media Player, but dropped it after buying an iPod.

I used iTunes for years, I really liked the nice library interface. But I did not like the small amount of filetypes it supported along with its high memory usage.

I soon switched to Songbird, packed full of beautiful/useful features, and skinnable. Excellent. But it used fuckloads of memory. And scanned my library (2 weeks of music) on startup, taking about 5 minutes to start. I soon had to drop it.

I then switched to MusikCube. Nice and lightweight. But no lyric or album art support. It also hasn't had an update because development has stopped completely.

I tried Foobar2000, but it was too high maintenance and hard to customize.

I tried Quintessential Media Player but I didn't like its setup.

I tried MediaMonkey, but it's Addons were shitty.

I tried Media Juke Box, but it was trying to change my computer's files. Not the player's library.

I enjoyed the Billy media player, but I like having a library. I recommend getting it though. It's the smallest media player ever.

and of course, I tried Winamp, but I just don't like it. If you like it, that's fine.

I now am using MusicBee. It's a lot like songbird. But with less bloatware. It doesn't take forever to initialize, and has all of the support I need (File formats/last.fm scrobbler/lyric support/mass-tagging features).

I still haven't tried Jaangle. I was going to if MusicBee sucked, but it doesn't. I can't use Amarok, because I'm a PC.

No one will probably read this. But I'm overjoyed that I finally have found a decent media player.

Does it have a mini player mode?

Yes, it's like a strip the thickness of a menu bar. It looks good and matches the current skin you have applied to it.

You can also sync last.fm plays and loved tracks with the MusicBee player.

Here's a decent review: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/03/musicbee-web-centric-music-manager.html

I think Foobar2000 is potentially one of the best Media Players, especially if you want a media player that will just play music with a few other features.

A lot of my friends are very happy with Winamp as well. But I don't like the way it's structured. I really like the iTunes/MusikCube/Songbird look.

So. If you're using something other than Foobar2000, Winamp, Billy, or MusicBee. You should probably switch. (If you're a PC user).

So far I'm liking this, one question, can you drag and drop folders to the library like in winamp?

I am not sure. I would think you could. I haven't imported any music today. You should try it and tell us.

OK so far so good. Although adding new albums might be a pain without drag and drop. Currently I have a folder called 'recent' where I keep any new downloaded/purchased music, after a while I eventually file them away in my main music folder which resides on an external drive. I don't want to have the player monitor this folder as there's lots of stuff i don't want imported.

Also it seems to have missed quite a lot of album artwork, despite everything being tagged correctly.

53c8e93f5af339549b44084dcc5cac8d.png

My girlfriend downloaded Jaangle because I didn't want to, and it's now her favorite. It has this really bitchin music quiz built into it similar to the iPod music quiz.

I downloaded it just for that. Still no problems with MusicBee!

The musicbee download link sent me to mediafire, and the mediafire download link just took me to some spam site. :trashbear:

Your doing it wrong obviously. Mediafire is shit now, so it opens a spam site in a new tab. If you x out of the spam site, or go to the original tab, your download confirmation query will be there.

Archived