Blu Rum 13 - Smell the Urgency

NI64

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's there to know? Its a good album.

http://www.blurum13.com/

From 1998 to 2006, BluRum13 was closely associated with London-based DJ Vadim and the Ninja Tune record label when he toured as emcee for Vadim’s live group The Russian Percussion[2] (also featuring beatboxer Killa Kela and DJ Mr Thing)

BluRum13 has been a member of several bands, including Montreal-based Bullfrog (featuring Kid Koala, released on Ropeadope/Atlantic Records[5]), and is a member of the London-based collective the True Ingredients

But notice even on the Blu Rum 13 website there is zero mention of Luke Vibert. I can't find one review or blog posting about the album involved Vibert. I wish he did more albums that sounded like what he was doing in the late 90's and early 00's.

But notice even on the Blu Rum 13 website there is zero mention of Luke Vibert. I can't find one review or blog posting about the album involved Vibert. I wish he did more albums that sounded like what he was doing in the late 90's and early 00's.

The founder of his group WaterPower (featuring Keyez, Primo the Cinematic and, Resyte Theez), solo emcee BluRum13 has lent his talents to such groups as Us3, One Self, Reverse Engineering, Bullfrog, the Russian Percussion, Resin Dogs, Ez3kiel, Groundworks, True Ingredients, Funginears among others. His passion seems to be in working with a range of sound, teaming up with such producers and Deejay’s as DJ Vadim, Luke Vibert, DJ Grandtheft aka GT, Kid Koala, Ben Mono, Miss Ill and PM.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I think it just died a death one way or another, and they've found the tape to put it back up on bandcamp.

heck of a thing though, shame it got shelved! i'd like to hear the story behind why it didn't come out. knowing Mr. Vibert it was probably sample clearance issues.

Archived