IGNORED

Anyone here have a One-sheet?

Guest esstevancarlos

Guest esstevancarlos

Got the doublesided sheet that came with the LP version of Analogue Bubblebath 3, if that's what you mean. Can't think of anything else. Here: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4701

Na.

A one sheet is a promotional document musicians give to people but not consumers. It's the sort of thing you give to labels when you're looking to get signed.

Guest Greg Reason

One sheet? I never understood that term. It's a press sheet. Makes sense like that.

I have millions of them. Fuckin hilarious things to read; so crammed full of hyperbole you'd think every band in history was on God's personal jukebox

I never get round to sending my music out in the first place, much less typing anything comprehensible about it. Fuck me I suck at this stuff.

Guest esstevancarlos

One sheet? I never understood that term. It's a press sheet. Makes sense like that.

I have millions of them. Fuckin hilarious things to read; so crammed full of hyperbole you'd think every band in history was on God's personal jukebox

One-sheet may be a regional term. Why do you have millions of them? Yeah, they do seem ridiculous. I felt awkward putting one together.

Guest Greg Reason

One-sheet may be a regional term. Why do you have millions of them? Yeah, they do seem ridiculous. I felt awkward putting one together.

I've been writing for music magazines for eight years. I literally have a draw full of them. Should probably get rid of most of those really

I've been writing for music magazines for eight years. I literally have a draw full of them. Should probably get rid of most of those really

as a music writer, which kind of one-sheet did you find the least repulsive ? The best one-sheet i've seen was the one sheet for Quaristice, it was a 3 page biographical overview of Autechre with intermittent talk about specific songs on Quaristice, comparing it to eras of old. It was from my memory very well done, i was especially amused by the overt diss on Radiohead in it.

Guest Greg Reason

I find a press sheet far less silly if the writer doesn't try to compare the band to five other legendary groups that everyone loves.

For instance the last few years have seen every other press sheet trying to convince me that the band in question sounds like some sort of supergroup formed by members of My Bloody Valentine, The Beatles, Radiohead and Lez Zeppelin. While sounding nothing like any of them.

And why would anyone want to listen to a band that "sounds like" some other band anyway? Best option is to forgo any "sounds like" quotes and maybe just pick one or two bands that the act is influenced by and list those instead. Don't try making giant claims that are obviously not true.

If people are keen to try on the "We're the shit" tact in a press sheet the classiest way to do it is to use quotes from magazines for the big-noting and keep the official text free of hyperbole. At least that way it seems like it could be believable and not written by someone who is being paid by the act/their label.

Guest esstevancarlos

I find a press sheet far less silly if the writer doesn't try to compare the band to five other legendary groups that everyone loves.

For instance the last few years have seen every other press sheet trying to convince me that the band in question sounds like some sort of supergroup formed by members of My Bloody Valentine, The Beatles, Radiohead and Lez Zeppelin. While sounding nothing like any of them.

And why would anyone want to listen to a band that "sounds like" some other band anyway? Best option is to forgo any "sounds like" quotes and maybe just pick one or two bands that the act is influenced by and list those instead. Don't try making giant claims that are obviously not true.

If people are keen to try on the "We're the shit" tact in a press sheet the classiest way to do it is to use quotes from magazines for the big-noting and keep the official text free of hyperbole. At least that way it seems like it could be believable and not written by someone who is being paid by the act/their label.

I'm no pro and have just barely started my "career" in music. What are your thoughts on this? http://thehandsomestdrownedman.com/press/estevancarlos_press-sheet.pdf

It may lack necessary information although I'm not sure.

I think its short and sweet. Probably get rid of the info you have across the top. The one across the bottom is sufficient. I sent it to my vacationing partner regardless.

Archived