IGNORED

Girl Talk - All Day

encey

I've only heard the night ripper and I did not enjoy it at all. Should I bother with this/life?

I've only heard the night ripper and I did not enjoy it at all. Should I bother with this/life?

If you didn't like Night Ripper then you won't like this. It's more of the same basically.

i think the part about Girl Talk that's interesting to me is it proves that you'll get much more famous more quickly if you make music entirely out of samples music versus making music entirely on your own.

Most of the other artists on Illegal Art are far more talented and clever.

true, Wobbly put out a great album on Illegal art a long time ago when they were more political, foward thinking and less about hipster food

also did anyone notice Girl Talk's new logo is totally ripped off from Shackleton?

see - girltak

bassnectar-pretty-lights.jpg

VS shackleton

shackleton.jpg

I'm listening to it and I think I prefer his Unstoppable album over the rest of his catalogue

This mix is just "hip hop over something else", it's not original at all, predictable, it's lame, even he is using some of the famous songs Osymyso has used in his mixes many years ago and with way better results

probably his parties are the bomb, we can't deny that, but the song selection in this and the previous album is absolutely disappointing

yeah this was my problem with his stuff. it's just fairly popular nice tunes with some cheesy mainstream hip hop track mixed over the top, or sometimes two good tracks on top of eachother, sounding worse than they would if played individually. I've never heard him drop a track that's totally unknown to me. I'll shut up now.

Guest Backson

I guess that probably has to do with the availability of rap stems more than most other genres...

but I'm not very knowledgeable with mash-up music.

yeah this was my problem with his stuff. it's just fairly popular nice tunes with some cheesy mainstream hip hop track mixed over the top, or sometimes two good tracks on top of eachother, sounding worse than they would if played individually. I've never heard him drop a track that's totally unknown to me. I'll shut up now.

it's far more than just that.

oh, and using nice popular music samples is kind of the point, it's what makes it good. lol.

I'll grab this. I liked Feed the ANimals as a guilty pleasure/party album. Night Ripper wasn't quite as smoothly done.

I will agree though for sure he doesn't push any boundaries...

Archived