IGNORED

in windows vista, is there any way to

pcock

automatically get a folder to remove the floder and dump its contents in the parent folder its in? if you catch my drift.

instead of spending ages going through all the folders and manually dragging and dropping the mp3's into a new folder

automatically get a folder to remove the floder and dump its contents in the parent folder its in? if you catch my drift.

instead of spending ages going through all the folders and manually dragging and dropping the mp3's into a new folder

I guess an automated way would have to deal with the possibility of files having the same name, which would mess things up. I haven't heard of an automated way to do it.

This may not work but -

Start - Run

cmd

mkdir c:\a temporary folder name

cd \

cd name of parent folder full of mp3s

copy *.mp3 c:\the temporary folder name /s

Obviously replace c: with whatever drive letter your mp3s are in.

This may not work but -

Start - Run

cmd

mkdir c:\a temporary folder name

cd \

cd name of parent folder full of mp3s

copy *.mp3 c:\the temporary folder name /s

Obviously replace c: with whatever drive letter your mp3s are in.

yeah, but I think he has several folders within a main folder and needs all the mp3s out of each one without going to each one individually. If there are folders within folders it might be a little more tricky but its also pretty simple but might need to make a recursive loop.

Tell me exactly what you need to do and I'll write a batch script.

The /s switch in the above copy line goes through all subdirectories (and subdirectories within them). It was unclear admittedly - I'll bold-erise that part of the listing....

Archived