IGNORED

Luke Vibert Memories...

Capsaicin

Big Soup reminds me of riding my bike to the local community college to take philosophy classes last summer, an incredibly chill time in my life. Roll out of bed, bike to class in flip-flops, head on over to a friend's house after class and smoke weed for the rest of the afternoon.

Guest Calx Sherbet

from Wagon Christ music, i get nostalgic feelings i shouldn't even be having. like i've been listening to him for 12 years or something

The summer before last, I was relaxing in the park with some good friends in Berlin. It was a hot day in July, and we were listening to Rhythm on a small mono speaker and drinking beer, throwing frisbee and playing football. Close to a perfect vacation memory :)

Another: Walking on a dirt road in jet black darkness with a couple of classmates, playing Stop the Panic on big headphones from my mp3 player, so we all could hear. Fly Hawaii made us incredibly happy on that occasion.

• 4 weeks later...

i was driving out of the car park away from work this evening and decided to go with a folder i hadn't opened in a while on the mp3 player, it was filled with the detritus of the ages. The third of the annoyingly cryptic labelled folders was titled a meaningless XLDL369, which when i peaked inside happened to stand for bleep's way of saying, Beck's modern guilt was innit. So i went wtf, i'll go with that. Anyway after driving carefully a while through what was turning out to be quite the downpour, with humidity so high that the windscreen would have fogged up even if i had had the windows rolled down.

I thought; 'fuck this beck shit, this tense dry vibe is not helping, the album only has two rump movers on it and i've already skipped round back to them'.

So, hopefully i pushed forward feeling with my fingers, not wanting to take my eyes off the traffic, to the next folder. And thank the jebus was i relieved when "let's dance and freak" from kerrier district kicked in. A salve for my tired mind. hallelujah !!

*oK|(~;-] :: E|-;`)Ho

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hahathhat

i love listening to wagon christ on sunny, lazy days. have a smoke with my morning coffee, listen to musipal/tally ho/SIMYL again... so nice. look out the window at the trees. get absolutely nothing productive done. :emotawesomepm9:

kerrier district i have always more preferred in the evening, as with throbbing pouch...

edit: and writing this makes me think of all sorts of tracks i was doing around 2007, 2008...

Archived