IGNORED

Watches

Guest Gary C

For a long time I didn't wear watches. I've got pretty skinny wrists and felt that most watch faces made them look even smaller. Some of the real men's type watches would just bash around.

For a while I even claimed that there was no point in wearing wristwatches anymore as everyone's already got a phone in their pocket that does the same job. In fact, I still check the time on my phone much more often than my wrist, lol.

But anyway, there's something about watches that is pretty awesome. It's got tradition and precision engineering. Undoubtedly one of man's greatest inventions.

Here are my current two watches.

For business:

A158WA1-500-500.jpg

I love my crummy 80's Casio Alarm Chrono. It's shiny enough to look serious, but has a playful digital display.

For activity:

casio_data_1.jpg

I bought this for snowboarding and haven't really worn it since, but since I've reminded myself I might find more uses for it. Casio's are the shit.

And I've just ordered this glow-in-the-dark Bond-themed Swatch:

3483.jpg

I guess I'll only wear it to social occasions, but I love the design so much I couldn't pass it up.

What's on your wrist, WATMM? Aside from jizz.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda gave up wearing this watch after I kept breaking the strap bailing on my BMX. That's now been sold and I found this whilst moving house recently and decided to get the strap fixed once more. You do get used to wearing one and kinda miss it when there's not one there, never get out of bed without putting it on now

WATCHES

I hated wearing watches because I would just check my watch way too often as a reflex... I would glance at the screen, and wouldn't even take in what time it read >_>

Haven't worn a watch since I was 16 or so...

Phone is good, because I have to take it out of my pocket to check the time, I prefer just guessing and seeing how late I am for shit.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Gave up on watches for years but I slipped back into it a couple of years ago, been rocking a casio F91-W for ages now. Never know what day of the week it is or the date without it, which I think frees up my brain for daydreams about being sonic the hedgehog or tits or whatever

i haven't worn a watch since i was about 13 or 14. typically when i don't have a clock hanging somewhere/on my computer i'll be equipped with my insulin pump, phone and ipod or any combination thereof. My insulin pump never leaves my side so it's pretty dependable. though right now it's running out of battery power and i can't find my AAA's.

damn it.

I kind of want a watch but i am poor.

i haven't worn a watch since i was about 13 or 14. typically when i don't have a clock hanging somewhere/on my computer i'll be equipped with my insulin pump, phone and ipod or any combination thereof. My insulin pump never leaves my side so it's pretty dependable. though right now it's running out of battery power and i can't find my AAA's.

damn it.

I kind of want a watch but i am poor.

these are my insulin pumps. disconnected and off. closest i got to an interesting watch. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

post-156-0-73282400-1290585537_thumb.jpg

The winner of best watch ever clearly goes to Sinclair though from 1975.

Either came in Kit form for self assembly or ready to go. It hardly worked and was easily broken

from static charge from like a nylon shirt.

All that doesn't matter though, I can't help but drool each time I look at it.

sinclair_black_watch_2.jpg

The winner of best watch ever clearly goes to Sinclair though from 1975.

Either came in Kit form for self assembly or ready to go. It hardly worked and was easily broken

from static charge from like a nylon shirt.

All that doesn't matter though, I can't help but drool each time I look at it.

sinclair_black_watch_2.jpg

wow. winner.

Guest futuregirlfriend

put me down for sickly and thin-wristed too.

been rocking a casio F91-W for ages now.

fuck yeah. bin laden's watch of choice. it's the one me and my friends seem to have been rebuying since we were 7 too. i did finally mix it up and buy a casio very similar to the one gary posted though. replaced that with a seiko 5 automatic. cheap, doesn't need batteries, might be alright for going spearfishing, does sometimes seem to stop if i leave it off for an evening. 7/10

This is mine -

lava-style-iron-samurai-all-metal-red-led-faceless-silver-band-watch.jpg

A nice combination of looking flashy like an LED watch, but not requiring you to complete log tables every time someone asks you the time.

Getting thin doesn't mean your wrists get thinner - they're only a few millimeters bigger than the bone underneath :shrug:

This is mine -

lava-style-iron-samurai-all-metal-red-led-faceless-silver-band-watch.jpg

A nice combination of looking flashy like an LED watch, but not requiring you to complete log tables every time someone asks you the time.

Getting thin doesn't mean your wrists get thinner - they're only a few millimeters bigger than the bone underneath :shrug:

i can tell the time on my watch even when drunk.

and in response to thin wrists:

IMG_20101124_121320.jpg

Archived