IGNORED

Anonymous and others start leaking

o00o

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4chan will be around in one form or another as long as there's a free internet.

I know the idea of people behind 4chan (the real oldfags, who are just IRC survivors, who are just bbs survivors who are just...what, punch card and semaphore survivors?) will be around, I meant the actual site 4chan.

what's the point of attacking banks/credit card companies? it's an inconvenience to everyone, not just people against wikileaks.

i for one will not be canceling my visa/mastercard/paypal accounts, i'm all for protesting but this is taking it too far. i can't really see anything good coming from this.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

mastercard will strike back, ddosing 20 chans at a time

do you really think they need to DDoS?

nah, the farthest they'll go will be using their lawyers and force 4chan to shut down the servers

I know the idea of people behind 4chan (the real oldfags, who are just IRC survivors, who are just bbs survivors who are just...what, punch card and semaphore survivors?) will be around, I meant the actual site 4chan.

there's a lot of other chans too... when 4chan banned raids, 420chan and some other *chans took them up iirc. i'm assuming if the government bans 4chan, they'll just migrate to another site.

what's the point of attacking banks/credit card companies? it's an inconvenience to everyone, not just people against wikileaks.

i for one will not be canceling my visa/mastercard/paypal accounts, i'm all for protesting but this is taking it too far. i can't really see anything good coming from this.

i don't think it's affecting anyone except for people who wanted to use mastercard to process online transactions today. that seems like an ok trade-off for sending the message that people are disgusted by the government's stance toward wikileaks. believe me, i think they heard this message. online petitions ain't got nothing on good ol' fashioned aggression.

they generally seem to be attacking the corporate sites, not the CC-processing side

they generally seem to be attacking the corporate sites, not the CC-processing side

mastercard's online verification system was affected. i'm not sure about visa's, but i doubt it was.

source: some random guy

mastercard's site is back up now, fyi.

there should be already law stated or something, when an internet X is taken down by the man at least two others will pop up. let's call it the hydra law of the internet.

there should be already law stated or something, when an internet X is taken down by the man at least two others will pop up. let's call it the hydra law of the internet.

does this already cover it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus_(1960_film)

Guest hahathhat

its true. hold on to your hats ladies and gentleman...this could be the beginning of "it"

i remember when that thing was "it" last year. good times

there's a lot of other chans too... when 4chan banned raids, 420chan and some other *chans took them up iirc. i'm assuming if the government bans 4chan, they'll just migrate to another site.

i wonder how many of the people who go around calling people who are interested in japanese culture "weeaboo" on the "chans" know why their beloved 4chan started.

i wonder how many of the people who go around calling people who are interested in japanese culture "weeaboo" on the "chans" know why their beloved 4chan started.

wellllll any of em who read the '4chan' article on ED, to be fair

Archived