IGNORED

handheld flac players???

Guest morphis2525

Guest morphis2525

my hdd crashed a few wiffens past and now i intend to rebuild my digital music library all lossless, but my 3 year old beat to shit sansa mp3 players don't do flac. i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

rockbox is a different operating system altogether, and yes it has a flac decoder, but playing back flac eats battery like nothing. I use a sansa fuze and I have rockbox installed, it's much nicer than the default interface, but anyway

I think you're wasting your energy to try to listen to flac on a portable media player. you're not going to hear any of it if you're walking around with the thing with all that background noise and mediocre sound chips in the media player itself. use something like winLAME that retains metadata from the flac container when it converts to mp3 so at least that part of the process is simplified. it's good for big batch processes

Don't forget to unzip your Dos files from the METAdrive in your linkbix. If you do not do this right away your lossless can eat away the remainder of your erts/PAH RAM. It's simple but very important.

Guest Beefuncle

flac: complete fucking waste of time.

Fuck

Lossless

Accept

Corrosion

Seriously how often do you get the opportunity to appreciate the full potential of a given track when your not at home and whats the point? requires way too much focus, I don't really fancy the idea of going into a coma on the bus trying to hear all the little beeps and boops "ordinary" mp3 players won't allow you to listen to.

Unless you intend on going to the desert to go on a vision quest while listening to chiastic slide I wouldn't bother.

Guest Al Hounos

flacs have a place: on external HDs, for archiving.

i honestly feel a bit silly that i encode my flacs in 320kbps ogg for my portable player. i'm sure i would be fine with 256.

Guest morphis2525

Why in gods name would you need FLAC on a portable device.

EVERYONE ON THE BUS SHUT UP, I CANT HEAR ALL THE FREQUENCIES!!!

i work in private jets that have pretty nice audio systems. i can listen at work.

Archived