IGNORED

Industrial music time

Guest Backson

Guest Babaluma

I mastered the last double album for Prometheus Burning:

and the last EP for I, Parasite:

Both very nice examples of the modern Industrial sound.

that young gods video is one of the most memorable 80s industrial videos for me, mainly because of the dude hitting the space bar on the computer to trigger that crazy guitar riff, fucking classic

braintree: i know your a big Die Warazu fan but did you ever get into Machines of Loving Grace? they had some pretty cool stuff at once point

I've heard Machines of Loving Grace but I never really got into them. I remember being in a record store when I was like 13 and holding a Machines CD in one hand and Sister Machine Gun - Burn in the other. I got the latter, and I didn't have any friends that were into Machines of Loving Grace, so I was never properly introduced.

Confessions of a Knife is one the most underrated Wax Trax releases i find, it was before Thrill Kill Cult got totally cheesy 1960s Austin powers and it has a really unique kind of effeminate dark gothic synth vibe to it thats very appealing

I don't have that one, but have A Crime for all Seasons, which I quite like, and Sexplosion! which is really fucking cheesy.

i haven't heard this track since like 93... i used to like it then... listening now, i don't know why i liked it.

i was into industrial in the late 80s early 90s and i credit industrial as a small part that kick started my interest in electronic music... but there's nothing other than skinny puppys first couple of albums and nin's downward spiral that i listen to now.

On 12/12/2010 at 6:41 PM, Awepittance said:

here is one of the more memorable songs from Confessions..

probably my favorite TKK track of all time

A friend had the split single they did with KMFDM which had a great remix of that track. I also love "Cuz' it's hot" which is on the Black Box.

genocide organ from mannheim/ germany is a great band.

really can't agree with that. just another tedious noise band who think they're being edgey with their imagery and therefore the fan-boys lap up the ridiculous limited editions for silly-money.

anyway, seems i'm really late to the party on this thread. some decent recommendations in there. you can all add my name to the list of people who think that TKK's Confessions Of A Knife is an absolute gem of an album. It's one of those albums that seems very much of it's time but in it's own way has a certain uniqueness of sound to it. Definitely one of the highlights of the classic Wax Trax catalogue. I latterly developed a fondness for RevCo's Big Sexy Land for similar reasons. Also nice to see Die Warzau getting some mentions.. Disco Rigido and Bigelectric.. are quality albums (if a little patchy).

I think i was lucky that when I first heard industrial stuff at the start of the 90s it was such a catch-all term for lazy journalists that my tastes probably broadened younger than they would've if I'd just stuck with the techno, acid and ravey nonsense. I'm certainly glad I'm not a young fellow discovering the shambles of gothic-ibiza-trance that passes for most industrial these days.

Archived