IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shadows of the empire was fucking epic in its day, but good lord it really did look awful

yeah, i had a lot of fun playing that when it first came out, tracking down all the "challenge points", etc.

i remember watching the first n64 commercials on tv, before christmas that year. this one shot of an elevator door opening, and there's this storm trooper standing there, in full fucking three-dee. mindblowing at the time.

edit: found the commercial, or at least one version of it, not quite the same as what i remember, but it still looks awesome.

[youtubehd]qDL8ZUBw_UU[/youtubehd]

Guest futuregirlfriend

I've rescued some guy and taken him back home to Whiterun but he won't stop following me and the guy who gave me the quest doesn't see him.

TGv7v.jpg

YOFXz.jpg

Anyone encounter the same problem?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Accidentally became a vampire, then decided to feed on a guard to see if it would make me stronger, now everyone wants to kill me. How to un-vampire please? I can handle a few kids but my level 9 can't handle killing everyone in every town.

FUCK LOL I'm googling Vampires in Skyrim to try and figure out a way I can make this work looks like no ones found a way to cure Vampirism. This guys quote kind of sums up part of my feelings on this "oh goodie i get gang-banged by everyone within a 100 yards of me, so now i know what its like to be black in the 1920s?!?"

I can't go back and replay the first 20 hours of the game so I guess I'm going to figure out how to live being undead. I read that there are a few areas Vampires gather. This is harder to cope with than I thought. I will never be a normal human again. :(

In case anyone is wondering, you become a Vampire after you get hit by any attack from a Vampire and don't take a disease cure potion (EDIT:before you sleep, if you sleep, you become a Vampire.. apparently forever)

don't you regularly save your game or something?

Yes I do, quite frequently. I had no idea that after I killed a few Vampires that I had got the bug. All of a sudden I realize that the sun is boiling my skin. I'm like uh? Keep being a baller and my eyes are turning redish.. I notice as I find someone asleep that I can feed on them. A few game days later everyone is saying they don't like my eyes, pale skin etc. I finish the Embassy Party mission, go back to get my stuff from the bitch trying to stop the Dragon Resurrections and the whole town of Riverrun or whatever including her are all desperately trying to kill me.. They don't even want to just leave my stuff on the front porch and make a peace treaty.

And before anyone has to suggest it, yes I realize I can lockpick into her hotel and steal back my stuff, but I'm more concerned with figuring out how to deal with being a Vampire, doesn't look like I will be able to do any more main quests, I won't be able to talk to any humans normally, won't be able to be competent in the sun of day, won't be able to use vendors, I will have to sneak around at night, fighting off hoards of non-vampires, stealing everything against the world.

EDIT:... Okay I'm reading that if I feed on enough people it will satisfy my hunger, I will be less obviously a Vampire (you become a stage 4 Vampire if you haven't fed in 72 hours) and I can lead my blood sucking life in secret and still continue on.... thank god. You can also become a Werewolf, which cures the Vampire disease and has less disadvantages.

Don't you just use a cure disease spell or go to a shrine and pray, that's the normal Elder Scroll method of curing vampirism ....

I've never played an Elder Scroll game longer than a couple hours before. Cure disease potions don't work I know that, I've read about shrines maybe being able to cure it but I haven't read that it works yet. Either way it looks I might be able to deal with being a Vampire now that I know how that feeding reduces me out of being a fucking obvious stage 4 Vampire.

Guest Mirezzi

welp i got bored of it already, it is oblivion with dragons, shit graphics, awful physics and frankly a boring as fuck script, the vocal talents suck and i didnt feel engrossed it in AT ALL, how they keep regurgitating this same shit and not get flak for it ill never know, its like the 100 iterations of cod with new maps.

i do not get it.

now ima go buy a ps3 just to play dark souls which is at least one million times superior to this game in every single way.

kaen, don't worry, I feel you here.

I have been suckered into buying a Bethesda game every. single. fucking. time...and every. single. fucking. time. I am really disappointed and I think, "I must be the only human that things this is silly looking, boring, tedious, and overall just lame." For me, that even included Fallout 3.

Don't you just use a cure disease spell or go to a shrine and pray, that's the normal Elder Scroll method of curing vampirism ....

I've never played an Elder Scroll game longer than a couple hours before. Cure disease potions don't work I know that, I've read about shrines maybe being able to cure it but I haven't read that it works yet. Either way it looks I might be able to deal with being a Vampire now that I know how that feeding reduces me out of being a fucking obvious stage 4 Vampire.

thats when you have the initial stages Porphyritic Hemophilia or whatever they call it...but once you are a full blown vampire, at least in Oblivion...i think you had to find another way to cure it.

welp i got bored of it already, it is oblivion with dragons, shit graphics, awful physics and frankly a boring as fuck script, the vocal talents suck and i didnt feel engrossed it in AT ALL, how they keep regurgitating this same shit and not get flak for it ill never know, its like the 100 iterations of cod with new maps.

i do not get it.

now ima go buy a ps3 just to play dark souls which is at least one million times superior to this game in every single way.

kaen, don't worry, I feel you here.

I have been suckered into buying a Bethesda game every. single. fucking. time...and every. single. fucking. time. I am really disappointed and I think, "I must be the only human that things this is silly looking, boring, tedious, and overall just lame." For me, that even included Fallout 3.

I don't get either of you. The Elder Scrolls games have a set style of gameplay, and it stays the same, because that's what the fans like and expect. I love the series, and I'd worn out each game in it, so obviously I want more of that from the series, not something radically different.

Tons of people love Final Fantasy, and there's loads of hype about every game. I personally hate the series. I find it boring, repetitive, and generic. When a new Final Fantasy comes out, I do not buy it, because I know what I'd be getting, and I know it's not my thing.

You've played the previous Elder Scrolls games, you should have known what you were buying. You do not have a right to complain. Get over it.

thats when you have the initial stages Porphyritic Hemophilia or whatever they call it...but once you are a full blown vampire, at least in Oblivion...i think you had to find another way to cure it.

I finally figured out the only process to cure being a vampire here: http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-how-to-cure-vampirism/ Only problem is the dude won't come to the shrine or whatever to perform the ritual. I'm gonna keep trying, maybe wait for an hour for him to show up right when he considers "dawn' or whatever I can. It's a pain in the ass to have to feed every 48 hours.

Oops my laptop auto signed me in at my girlfriends apartment, looks like I will get a dupe detection message for Joysex. By the way my girlfriend wants to know if your avatar is in direct reference to the fact that you love to mow your momma's lawn. Yeah, she's a retard, yeah that's right bitch I see you reading this. I figured it was either an obscure reference or commentary on proletarian working class society.

This article just popped up on IGN's Wiki

"How to Cure Vampirism

If you rid the disease early on before the onset of symptoms, then a simple Cure Disease will do the trick. At later stages, however, it is still possible to cure yourself by resorting to Lycanthropy or doing the quest Rising at Dawn."

And before anyone has to suggest it, yes I realize I can lockpick into her hotel and steal back my stuff, but I'm more concerned with figuring out how to deal with being a Vampire, doesn't look like I will be able to do any more main quests, I won't be able to talk to any humans normally, won't be able to be competent in the sun of day, won't be able to use vendors, I will have to sneak around at night, fighting off hoards of non-vampires, stealing everything against the world.

EDIT:... Okay I'm reading that if I feed on enough people it will satisfy my hunger, I will be less obviously a Vampire (you become a stage 4 Vampire if you haven't fed in 72 hours) and I can lead my blood sucking life in secret and still continue on.... thank god. You can also become a Werewolf, which cures the Vampire disease and has less disadvantages.

This sounds pretty badass.

Guest futuregirlfriend

fucking frost trolls fucking fucks. fuck.

I'm playing an Orc thief, here he is with his pretty circlet

7MDmd.jpg

and my tactic has been to creep up onto some awkward bit of the landscape, do some 3x damage with a bow and then spam arrows if I'm discovered. I miss V.A.T.S.

i do not get it.

this is my worry with these sorts of games. i got dragon age: origins for ps3 and found exactly this. basically got incredibly bored of it after about 1 day - fucking loathed the voice acting, hated the interface and just couldn't get into it. i love WoW and other fantasy genre stuff so thought i'd be well into dragon age, but it's just so cold and uninteresting compared to WoW. anyway, skyrim looks and sounds too similar to dragon age for my liking.

i also found previous bethesda games pretty boring, morrowind i haven't even bothered finishing, oblivion and follouts seemed very sterile and samey so after finishing the main quest lines i uninstalled them all. skyrim managed to hook me though, i played it the whole weekend. i don't feel like hitting the fast travel much and just explore a lot, take all kinds of quests, practice shouts on rabbits and foxes and steal their souls, lure dragons towards giants who bash them to death in mere seconds. there's just a lot of fun stuff to do, the dungeons are quite diverse in my experience, there's a lot of character to the game, tons of books and all kinds of items scattered all over, it does seem like a world, it's more similar to Gothic games in that regard.

technologically it's absolutely retarded as many have noticed, but that's just how it is when millions of console playing drones drag the whole technological development of gaming, im very glad that dice showed a massive middle finger to console gamers with the vastly superior version of bf3 on pc.

one thing that really bothers me is fast travel, it's a horrible idea that breaks all immersion that somehow stuck with bethesda. they should have solved the issue of backtracking and re-traveling with ingame means like town portal spells, all kinds of speed potions, faster horses and so on. it just feels like you're exploiting the game when you travel the whole map in 1 sec using this feature.

just for a frame of reference, because im certainly no graphical expert, can someone point me to a modern game that has beautiful graphics? im trying to figure out what is considered "good" graphic design and "bad".

yes, you need a soul gem that's filled with a soul, in the inventory you press "t" to recharge it when that axe is highlighted.

I have soul gems. But it don't seem to work. How I fill a gem with a soul? :crazy:

Archived