IGNORED

burning in headphones

YEK

i bought a pair of sen hd 215's for djing and listening to music. i had read contrasting reviews but i bought them anyways because the price was right. there is a bunch of reasons why these are good phones but the sound quality, sadly, lacking. i pretty much gave up on them and put them to the side

so yesterday i had the crazy thought: i wonder if i could burn these fuckers in? so i grab a wav file of white noise. how loud should i play this noise? i don't give a fuck these headphones are dead to me

i plugged them in cranked up the white noise so loud i can hear them when i'm on the other side of my bedroom door. i submitted them to hours of this treatment so far and you know what? they sound wayyyyyyyy better! before their highs were way too loud, now they are fine. the mids are very clear and i'm noticing bits of music i hadn't heard before, which is expected with a good pair of headphones. the only lacking bit still is the bass is quite low but still more punchy than my akg 240's. i'm gonna keep subjecting them to this violent treatment and not only listen to music but try using them to monitor.

that's my story. burning in headphones does work.

yek

:squarepusher:

Archived