IGNORED

Burzum - Fallen

I think Belus was his biggest flop. Still looking forward to this. He has all the possibilities in the world to release another Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem no matter how minimal those possibilities may be.

Metal in this sense is a pretty punishing genre, especially production wise since it affects the aesthetics and atmosphere of "black metal music" so much. The reason why Belus was crap was pretty much because it had average songs shelved into Drudkh sounds - I've heard that too many times already. All in all, I think it's almost impossible to re-create the cold-as-fuck atmosphere of his earliest albums again while being pleasingly modern and not too retro production-wise.

there's a new burzum album coming: http://www.burzum.org/eng/discography/official/2011_fallen.shtml

i know that no one here cares about his music, but i do. i'm a huge fan of his latest album, so i'm very excited about this

lots of people here like black metal from what i remember. that said, i can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to this terrible shit. although i heard a celtic frost record and i thought it was ok.

Actually I liked Belus alot when it came out, and I played it for weeks straight. Then, I hardly ever listened to it, so it's magic must have worn out pretty quick. Still rate it higher then Filosofem, I always found that one the weakest of them all (the long ambient track excluded), I even like Daudi Baldrs better for some reason.

Can't wait for this new one, especially if he is going back to those older albums as said in the announcement.

Filosofem is still a brilliant album and one I play regularly. 'Jesus' Tod' is still the most ruthless metal track ever and 'Rundgang Um Die Transzendentale Säule Der Singularität' is an ambient masterpiece.

I don't think he personally likes the album so much anymore though, but then he always was a bit of an idiot.

Filosofem is still a brilliant album and one I play regularly. 'Jesus' Tod' is still the most ruthless metal track ever and 'Rundgang Um Die Transzendentale Säule Der Singularität' is an ambient masterpiece.

I don't think he personally likes the album so much anymore though, but then he always was a bit of an idiot.

Yeah, he occasionally utters very interesting and even intelligent things amongst his contradictory, extreme, misanthropic, and racist bullshit.

Other BM "legends," like Fenriz for example, stand by just about everything they release. Both wrestle with lesser imitators. I'm guessing he's trying to distance himself from the older stuff because:

A. Avoid as many comparisons of his new stuff with the old

B. He inadvertently inspired the NSBM movement more so than any other black metal figures

C. Sitting around in prison made him overthink everything

Hoping this one is at least more memorable than Belus, which I enjoyed without being blown away.

Archived