IGNORED

George Lucas thinks we are all gonna die next year

karmakramer

Guest 277: 930-933

i wonder why no one has reacted to the link i posted which explains why nasa thinks a solar flare is going to wipe out all electronic devices in 2013 and send us back to the middle ages for a few days. maybe i didn't signpost it enough.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AGEHRAGEHGERHGAARGJEh

Scientists (even relatively respectable ones) make wild threats every so often in order to justify their job/whatever-new-technology-they're-being-funded-by-the military-to-produce.

I think it's more a matter of journalists needing a story and being generally awful at handling scientific news.

Funding doesn't get assigned based on a quote in a newspaper.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone here can bullshit a way to make an iPhone 2012/solar-flare/polar-flip proof, then you're about to be very rich is all I'm sayin'.

Guest 277: 930-933

I tried to edit this in but was way too slow...

Imagine all of these outtakes in a different context, maybe something a bit more complete, a report that describes different scenarios and uses metaphors to explain things.

"the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning”"

"catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken."

"Due to humans’ heavy reliance on electronic devices, which are sensitive to magnetic energy, the storm could leave a multi-billion pound damage bill and “potentially devastating” problems for governments.'"

That sentence is just telling us that society is largely dependent on electronic devices for day to day functioning and that it would be pretty bad if everything stopped working all of a sudden.

This is very shocking news.

Nowhere does it say that nothing can be done about this horrible lightning bolt of terror that the sun is most definitely going to hurl at us.

This is a journalist trying to sell a newspaper.

This is NASA's take on it: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/10mar_stormwarning/

If anyone here can bullshit a way to make an iPhone 2012/solar-flare/polar-flip proof, then you're about to be very rich is all I'm sayin'.

Dang, there could be a serious buck in a Solar Flare App.

but then it'd need a network to work? and all the networks will be underwater? like all of us? or burnt to a crisp?

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

I like how George Lucas and various other people was like this mysterious guy director of Star Wars whoa during our childhoods and even as adults 20 years ago it would've been like I can send fan mail and possibly have some indirect contact with him. Now it's 2011 internet things like this leak constantly. Like I still thought maybe Lucas had a certain whatever that he could produce films in a way we couldn't, like even retarded but smart in this one specific way, but stuff like this is pretty demystifying I guess he's just a big loserdude. Not that the prequels weren't like that either, like just completely making shit up as you go along. Was I reading on WATMM or somewhere else basically he fought against everything that made the original Star Wars movies good like costumes etc. I would love to see some alternate reality Youtube age version of Star Wars where Lucas had the resources to completely make Star Wars by himself like some random people on the Internet do, like with Blender + illegal copy of Adobe Premiere and a green screen. And see if it just comes out as completely insane Viral Vacuum shit

oh yeah so 2011 I like how we can find out about stuff like this and really probably Anonymous etc. could destroy Lucas at any time if they wanted to. Like it's gone from official George Lucas fan club send your fan mail to be read by some random guy and copy paste a reply, to now we could inadvertently be helping to end his career by disseminating this 2012 thing through the internet

maybe it's different with George Lucas though dunno how crazy some fanboys would be even pre-Internet

I just finished those epic Star Wars prequel reviews. I kind of want to hate George Lucas now.

Ye I got that feeling too. But he did make the originals too.

But still, fuck George Lucas.

I just finished those epic Star Wars prequel reviews. I kind of want to hate George Lucas now.

Ye I got that feeling too. But he did make the originals too.

But still, fuck George Lucas.

Well, as I understand it, he wrote and directed the first one, but then had script writers and directors for V & VI. So he had all the main ideas, but knew even back then that he was shit at writing dialogue. I wish he had had the same composure when making the prequels.

There are things I don't understand in this world, like how Lucas transformed from this kind of intense, weasely looking artist type who made THX1138 into this bloated, completely out of touch guy with all the wrong instincts and a taste for juvenile humor...sort of like I don't understand why Joyrex likes cosplay...some things are just meant to be cosmic mysteries...

but I thought 3D star wars in 2012?...

ps he's starting with I II and III

COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT

I don't see any reason for him to moderate his revisionist insanity now. It's been a few years; surely it's time to go back and chop up the 3 prequels and edit in new sequences, like the one he has in mind where the ewok younglings and jedi younglings have to explore a Star Wars themed theme park full of Star Wars toys, in search of the exclusive "golden Jar Jar statue" (only $99.95 at all your favorite retail outlets).

Archived