IGNORED

Day (not gay) trip to Brighton

beerwolf

Got friday off and thinking about grabbing a train to Brighton and having a mooch about. If any of you lot could recommend any good record shops (I've heard there's quite a few good ones), good places to eat (nothing posh but decent), and good pubs with proper beer/micro beers. Then I am all ears. If there's anything else worth having a look at then let us know.

Cheers!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise

go down 'the lanes' lots of nice pubs down there. Have a nice pint of Harvey's ale. Just wander, it's not that big really.

If you go the 'North Laines' part you could go to Edge world records, its above a shop called boyparker ( I believe) it is down a pedestrian road called Kensington Gardens more info here:

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/108603-Edgeworld-Records-Brighton

Pretty much opposite from that is resident its got less vinyl, In the 'Lanes' (this is on the other side from the North Laines) you can find a shop called rounder records this is it's website here http://www.rounderbrighton.co.uk/

Theres a couple more, this ones I've mentioned at pretty good though. Rare kind is pretty good, more jungle stuff etc thats in Trafalgar Street (North Laines) ... website here http://rarekindrecords.co.uk/

Edgeworld is by far the best record shop in brighton. Worth hunting for. You have to go into the clothes shop beneath it and up some stairs inside.

Rounder is pretty decent.

Cheap decent japanese food at pom poko (opposite dome entrance)

Very good authentic tapas next door at la bodega

Cheap good thai in the st james pub on st james street

yeah Brighton's not big at all. it's no London! haven't been there in ages tho so dunno what rekkid shops there are these days....

loads of little coffee/sandwich shops and bars, tho. and several pubs, but not that many really.

helpful advice ^

oh well. i actually live about 30 minutes drive from Brighton.. i grew up around there.. i've been there umpteen times. whereas you appear to be from Finland, and most probably just googled "brighton bars pubs restaurants", lol.

well done you, tho, for providing all the advice the guy needs! i was simply just concurring that it is in fact quite a small place... and there aren't that many pubs or anything.

basically all the decent record shops and stuff you're looking to find, Beerwolf, is down "The Lanes".. easy. have a nice time! :)

Spent Christmas in Lewes. Thought the area was very Tarq-y. That's the closest I've been to Brighton.

*Incidentally, I understand Tarq, and therefore Tarqy, to mean a posh snob (dismissive rich person).

Spent Christmas in Lewes. Thought the area was very Tarq-y. That's the closest I've been to Brighton.

*Incidentally, I understand Tarq, and therefore Tarqy, to mean a posh snob (dismissive rich person).

Lewes is lovely. it's not really "posh" at all! but if you're coming down from the north then you're gonna think pretty much everything round here is posh in comparison! :)

Why did "not gay" have to b explicitly stated? Is Brighton gay?

it's famously known as a gay, or at least a very 'liberal', area... that's why LUDD loves it there 'cos he can be himself.

Yeah, it's quite famously gay. Dispels the myth that gay people are sensitive and tasteful, it's a grotesque dump.

Guest David R James

Exactly, when someone says i'm going to brighton i rarely think 'oh it's for a gay day out'. Even if it has a reputation for it. Only those who are insecure about that sort of thing bring it up.

Exactly, when someone says i'm going to brighton i rarely think 'oh it's for a gay day out'. Even if it has a reputation for it. Only those who are insecure about that sort of thing bring it up.

despite it's rep. i've never once been hit on by another guy, ever. quite dissapointed really. lol

it's full of student-types, more than anything, i think. students and young, arty, professionals, and hippies. :)

and it's good enough for Squarepusher, and Req, so........................ heh

Guest abusivegeorge

Lol you are such a knob.

Go to Harry Ramsdens opposite the pier and get two fishcakes mate. You can't go to Brighton and not have those fucking fishcakes.

Lol you are such a knob.

lol. me??

ps. Ramsden's is a dirty skank hole mate, it's well known. Beerwolf DON'T go there!

despite it's rep. i've never once been hit on by another guy, ever. quite dissapointed really. lol

it's full of student-types, more than anything, i think. students and young, arty, professionals, and hippies. :)

Why do you think that is :emotawesomepm9:

just kidding mate.

Why do you think that is :emotawesomepm9:

just kidding mate.

dunno.. hmm. but i'm gonna try harder next time! lol

Guest abusivegeorge

Lol you are such a knob.

lol. me??

ps. Ramsden's is a dirty skank hole mate, it's well known. Beerwolf DON'T go there!

I am sure beerwofl will make his own judgement based upon our posts.

beerwolf*

beerwaffle

Archived