IGNORED

Day (not gay) trip to Brighton

beerwolf

Just as a warning to the non UK watmmers: Brighton, the place isnt actually gay, it's just some of the residents. Dont turn up expecting an actual gay location because you wont find one. In fact, i dont think there's any such thing.

*Moves out of Brighton*

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The countryside around Brighton supposed to be pukka. Heard a lot about the South Downs being really beautiful.

yeah it is. the countryside around here is all absolutely lovely! very, very green. and the South Downs are 'mega' nice.

get your ass down 'ere! :)

I live in brighton, well just on the edge. used to live on old shoreham road for a year when me n waga shared. now I live all the way down London road, near withdean park, patcham more or less.

I like Brighton, it's got a lot of nice people, and a fist full of weirdos to boot. The music scene isn't as good as it was before I moved here. a lot of the cool nights don't happen as much as they used to, and the crowds get smaller as well. that said, a lot of good stuff does come through here, and there are still some great nights gping on.

Sprit of Gravity at Komedia is good fun once in a while, get to see some cool things there sometimes. There's the occasional thing at the Cowley club too which can be pretty enjoyable. I'm not really much of a going out person tho, so not the best to offer an opinion really... Some cool people playing at the Volks from time to time too, but I'm kinda sick of that place and it's shitty sound system!

Pom Poko is fkn great for some lunch time food, decent price and friendly people. I'm pretty partial to Grubbs once in a while,Double Mexican with wedges and blue cheese dip. there's an ok Thai place called Mai ped which does some good lunchtime specials. if you like sushi, then Moshi Moshi is ok, If you get a free membership card, it's half price on Mondays! Still kinda costly tho.

I've lived here for 3 years, and it's been cool, but not what I expected. although there are a lot of artistic people here, a majority of them are not so busy with being artistic, and more busy with getting wasted and calling themselves artists. well, anyway, that said there are a lot of decent folk here.

I do love the atmosphere here, I notice it more when I've been away for a while, come back and it feels all super friendly, can't quite explain it, but everyone is easy gping, and that can count for a lot sometimes.

I think I'm going to stick about for a few more months, planning to leave to Berlin in the Autumn. have a lot of friends there, and a lot of potential projects to get busy with. as much as I love countryside, I guess for now it's good for me to be in cities and mingling with people. I hope to get a job working from home, or start to make a bit more of a living of music, so that I can move to monmouthshire and live in the middle of nowhere!

Had no idea that so many Brighton folk are on here, that's cool! Hope to bump into some new faces next time I venture outside.

TechDiff, your music is bloody good!

that first track on your myspace sounds like Autechre doing dubstep, with Aphex Twin edits!

proper sick stuff. gonna listen to the rest now... nice one !

Big'up the Brighton massiff :)

Thought I would post back, seeing as a lot of you helped me out in my Brighton Quest. I'll keep it short and sweet.

I knew it was going to be a good day when the train pulled out of Victoria at dawn (I spookily chose Burial's South London Burroughs, as my first track without realising the connection) as Burial plays the Battersea Power Station swings into full veiw. And I have never seen this iconic building. Okay, nice start. Wasn't expecting that.

Edge World records took me some time to seek out, (even the postie didn't know where it was lol) this is after I went to a few others which were pretty good but Edge World was indeed the Aladdins Cave. Top bloke behind the counter and as the place was empty we had a good old yarn about doom metal, stoner rock, Aphex etc etc. I ended up buying 1997 original press of GSYBE F#A# with all the bit and bobs, Earth's A Burearatic Desire....vinyl and Black Dog/Autechre We are Sheffield ep. Nice.

My other fav record shop was the one next my fav pub of the day which was the Great Easten. The Summer Lightnig was a perfect pint and next door I got The 7A3 Coolin' in Cali for 3 quid, 7'' Joy Division repress of Atmosphere and Johnny Clark vs Mala and Coki 12''.

All in all a pukka day. Nice place. Nice vibe.

PS the Weirdo of the Day medal was awarded to a minature/dwarf like bloke who looks like Aphex. This geezer had long ginger hair, ginger beard but was wearing knee high, lime green leather boots. Pink fishnet tights and a tiny purple dress. Perhaps it was the man himself! Anyone who knows Brighton must know the fella I am on about. Heheheh.

Thanks for all your help by the way. I'll be down again. Cheers!

Glad you liked Edgeworld, think it runs off word of mouth being so hidden away :) Who was working, guy with a large beard?

Your WOTD sounds like pretty standard Brighton fare in town on a Saturday! Great Eastern is a good pub, like it there.

Glad you liked Edgeworld, think it runs off word of mouth being so hidden away :) Who was working, guy with a large beard?

Your WOTD sounds like pretty standard Brighton fare in town on a Saturday! Great Eastern is a good pub, like it there.

Bald geezer with joe 90 specs. Friendly fella. Seemed to be right into his stoner/drone/doom metal. He recommended loads of stuff but I had a limit lol.

I tried the Basket Makers pub too but was heaving so gave it a miss.

Guest Pennywise

Thought I would post back, seeing as a lot of you helped me out in my Brighton Quest. I'll keep it short and sweet.

I knew it was going to be a good day when the train pulled out of Victoria at dawn (I spookily chose Burial's South London Burroughs, as my first track without realising the connection) as Burial plays the Battersea Power Station swings into full veiw. And I have never seen this iconic building. Okay, nice start. Wasn't expecting that.

Edge World records took me some time to seek out, (even the postie didn't know where it was lol) this is after I went to a few others which were pretty good but Edge World was indeed the Aladdins Cave. Top bloke behind the counter and as the place was empty we had a good old yarn about doom metal, stoner rock, Aphex etc etc. I ended up buying 1997 original press of GSYBE F#A# with all the bit and bobs, Earth's A Burearatic Desire....vinyl and Black Dog/Autechre We are Sheffield ep. Nice.

My other fav record shop was the one next my fav pub of the day which was the Great Easten. The Summer Lightnig was a perfect pint and next door I got The 7A3 Coolin' in Cali for 3 quid, 7'' Joy Division repress of Atmosphere and Johnny Clark vs Mala and Coki 12''.

PS the Weirdo of the Day medal was awarded to a minature/dwarf like bloke who looks like Aphex. This geezer had long ginger hair, ginger beard but was wearing knee high, lime green leather boots. Pink fishnet tights and a tiny purple dress. Perhaps it was the man himself! Anyone who knows Brighton must know the fella I am on about. Heheheh.

theres probably over 20 people who look like that guy in brightion. haha

are you gay now?

Archived