IGNORED

Day (not gay) trip to Brighton

beerwolf

honestly ramsden's have gotten a really bad rep. now all over the place. better off just going to a regular fish 'n chip shop for yer fishcakes.

and i know i'm not the most forum-savvy-cool type of dude.. but do i give a fuck, George? :) have a beer and chill out fella...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not been for a year or so, buy Iydea in the Laines is good (if expensive) if you're into vegan/vegetarian food. that upstairs record shop is nice too.

Why did "not gay" have to b explicitly stated? Is Brighton gay?

Exactly, when someone says i'm going to brighton i rarely think 'oh it's for a gay day out'. Even if it has a reputation for it. Only those who are insecure about that sort of thing bring it up.

Just a bit of tomfoolery. I was sort of having a larf, not making a huge statement ffs. But seeing as I am asking for pub advice I thought I'd just let you know I don't wave the rainbow flag lol. Simples!

watch your ass.

lol. all joking aside, you really don't need to "watch your ass" in Brighton, any more than you need to watch your ass anywhere else.

it's a cool place. "London by the Sea", supposedly, but without all the cunts in suits..

watch your ass.

lol. all joking aside, you really don't need to "watch your ass" in Brighton, any more than you need to watch your ass anywhere else.

it's a cool place. "London by the Sea", supposedly, but without all the cunts in suits..

yeah, i'm just playing

Guest abusivegeorge

watch your ass.

Watch your ass, chump.

watch your ass.

Watch your ass, chump.

Lol. "chump". i thought you were meant to be "abusive" George ? *tut*

I wouldn't bother moving here unless you do graphic design for computer programmes or you want to work in a call centre. There has been massive job losses................ (sorry, but just saying...)

i had a great weekend in brighton, got there at about 1am after my mates had all arrived and started smashing their drugs down them about 10 hours earlier, they went back to the campsite and forgot to tell me where it was apart from a vague point saying its two miles that way. i spent the whole weekend wandering around on my own drinking vodka and redbulls, speaking to any random cunt who'd entertain the thought and sleeping on the beach before finally finding the campsite 28 hours later absolutely steaming out my nut.

the lanes were great fun, although im suprised i didnt get arrested considering the state i was in. lots of snobby people, but enough people sound enough to let me just kick about with them when i ambled upto them and said ive lost my friends il swap you vodka for company.

Ahh lovely Brighton. My newish home, and favourite place I've ever lived.

Vinyl - yes to Edgeworld, size of a broom cupboard but great staff and tunes. Yes to Rarekind which is always great - check upstairs for some ace old school jungle tunes. Also upstairs in a clothes shop called Wolf & Gypsy in North Laine my friend opened a record shop recently - LOADS of Chicago and Detroit bits in there if you like that kind of stuff. Hidden to the max but recommended. Also check Across The Tracks also in North Laine for old second hand random shit, today in there I got Surfing On Sine Waves, a Nightmares On Wax LP, some Prince and the fucking Family Ness soundtrack on vinyl. Mega, and there's a huge sale on in there too, with loads of strange old records for a quid. There's another shop that sells only old movie soundtracks too near the train station, can't remember the name but it's supposed to be great from what I've heard from friends. There's a LOT of record shops in Brighton.

Second the thing about not bothered about it being a 'gay' town, people here are generally very liberal and Guardian types, no-one cares about that sort of shite unless you cruise into the more deprived areas like Moulsecoombe or Whitehawk, which I wouldn't recommend too much anyway for vistors. Unless you want to score some crack.

BRIGHTON RULES essentially. The club scene here is amazing, and there's a huge amount of decent pubs to drink in. I'd recommend the Prince Albert near the train station, the Dorset for some hipster type vibes, Fortune of War in the Summer on the seafront, and Basketmakers Arms.

Also, come back in the Summer and party properly, go to a club on the seafront, get off your face then roll out onto the beach and watch the sun come up with some randoms and mates. Quality.

do you still live there? il be sure to be making an appearance this summer, wobble me if you fancy gettin fucked.

brighton is also pretty damn good for finding acid, even as a randomer.

I grew up here, all my family are from here, they used to own a few shops/buildings in the North Laines (The Lanes is actually made up of a small network of footpaths, however the North Laines is more open- Laine is saxon for open field)

Brighton is ok, thing is theres a whole lot of Londoners who want to settle down here (get away from the big city), they ruin it here, as they want some 'peace' in a city famed for its hedonism!

Brighton is good in the summer, but only before the students come back, as they clog up clubs and piss you off. Lately most of the good underground club nights have disappeared due to the demand in awful pop nights that have loads of underage kids running around (yeah, I know you lot like that thing but trust me when you're amongst it, you want to get out).

brighton is also pretty damn good for finding acid, even as a randomer.

good for finding any drug really.

Brighton is ok, thing is theres a whole lot of Londoners who want to settle down here (get away from the big city), they ruin it here, as they want some 'peace' in a city famed for its hedonism!

yeah. fuck off you Londoners!! this be ourrrr city! :)

Guest Pennywise

I grew up here, all my family are from here, they used to own a few shops/buildings in the North Laines (The Lanes is actually made up of a small network of footpaths, however the North Laines is more open- Laine is saxon for open field)

Brighton is good in the summer, but only before the students come back, as they clog up clubs and piss you off. Lately most of the good underground club nights have disappeared due to the demand in awful pop nights that have loads of underage kids running around (yeah, I know you lot like that thing but trust me when you're amongst it, you want to get out).

What do you do jobwise, if you don't mind me asking?

Why did "not gay" have to b explicitly stated? Is Brighton gay?

it's famously known as a gay, or at least a very 'liberal', area... that's why LUDD loves it there 'cos he can be himself.

brilliant

I will watch my ass! Lol.

Fairly amusing story this, and proberbly completely untrue, either way it made me giggle. Years ago when we were about 17, three of my mates (classic scoundrel types) went to Brighton for the weekend, where they went pulling birds and drinking as much booze as you do. The plan was to sleep in their battered Sunbeam, down some side street to save money on accomodation, and you know when your 17, three sleeping in a car overnight is nothing to be bothered about (as long as your pissed, that's all that matters) When they came back all I got was this story of how they were fast-a-kip in the Sunbeam down some dark side street in Brighton when the next thing they hear is all this mayhem and banging on the bonnet. Cowering in fear and with one eye peeping out of their Argos sleeping bags they see some geezers face staring at them through the windscreen, eyes wide open and getting gang raped by a load of poofs!

Hence to say my mates slowly sank further and further into their sleeping bags and further into the dark shadows of the Sunbeam and began to pray they had locked the doors (which didn't proberbly lock anyway lol).

All of this story was told in such a way it was fucking hilarious, as it proberbly untrue anyway (otherwise it wouldn't be that funny, I suppose!)

This is all I know of Brighton, so too fucking true Chumps I will be watching my ass!

Archived