IGNORED

deerhunter

jules

Guest W32MyDoom

I've been really into Deerhunter since Halycon Digest. Them and Lorn were the highlights for me of the 2010 Bleep 100.

Be sure to grab all of the Halycon Digest B-Sides.

Edit: The track Coronado makes me so mad. Such a perfectly beautiful track and then that nasty wailing saxophone solo comes in.

the sax is what makes that song so good. love hearing the sax come back in deerhunter, destroyer and pj harvey's latest releases.

I've been really into Deerhunter since Halycon Digest. Them and Lorn were the highlights for me of the 2010 Bleep 100.

Edit: The track Coronado makes me so mad. Such a perfectly beautiful track and then that nasty wailing saxophone solo comes in.

the sax is what makes that song so good. love hearing the sax come back in deerhunter, destroyer and pj harvey's latest releases.

Ha, well I'm glad someone likes it. Wish I could get a run without it in it though. The piano + his voice is enough for me.

couldn't agree more about coronado, it feels like night court is about to start or something. I actually deleted it from the album it drives me so nuts.

also agree about lorn. need to check out those b sides...

From what I've read, Bradford has been doing lots of batshit stuff lately. In one of his recent shows, he had a bizarre monologue with a 13 year old boy that he invited onto the stage who was supposed to represent a younger version of himself. Apparently he went on for 20 minutes about people who have disappointed him and he referred the boy as "just like me, only cuter." I can't really blame him for losing his shit, looking the way he does. I mean he's been a good enough sport about it to have two music projects at the same time and tour, be a high-profile indie artist, etc.

Oh I can't wait to hear how my brother-in-law's weekend goes then. Better to be strange person than an asshole musician I suppose.

I like Halcyon Digest an awful lot. There are some pretty cool tracks on there, I love the gritty lo-fi production but the big sweeping epic tracks.

It's fair to say he make's Thom Yorke look like Lemmy, and I prefer my rockstars not wearing a dress or poncing about like he does. It's a massive turn-off for me, but the music is good, so respect.

All I have is HD (white vinyl, nice) but mean to get other stuff by them some time.

I listened to Microcastle today and it's even better than I remembered. Top notch album, it ends with a 1,2,3,4 punch of great psych/shoegaze/post punk greatness.

Rainwater Cassette Exchange is a great little EP too.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

You guys don't seem to be mentioning Atlas Sound at all, which is some of his best work.

Guest Backson

You guys don't seem to be mentioning the surreal, epic version of My Sharona he performed the other night.

Guest cult fiction

Watching the videos I don't how know how anybody could think he was mentally disturbed or scary, seemed like he was putting on a good-natured show and most of the audience was having a great time. Reading some of the initial reports you'd think he was GG Allin.

the new atlas sound 'paralax' record was a bit blah to me... quite nice considered aesthetic and a few nice songs, but just felt a bit boring and safe to me.

I didn't really enjoy most of Paralax either but I yeah, he makes a lot of music, I enjoy a larger percentage of his catalog than I do for say Richard D Jams LoL who made a lot more so, It doesn't really make me think they are any less genius.

For right now I still think Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel is the best Atlas Sound album.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/11160-let-the-blind-lead-those-who-can-see-but-cannot-feel/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQcK9BDjoEI

Well now! This is a good read.

http://pitchfork.com...is-performance/

awesome. good for him.

Had to post this on facebook even though the only person on my friends list that likes Atlas or DoubleDHunter is my ex-girlfriend.. who I removed from my friends list so ya.. uh, this whole thing and that pitchfork article made my fucking week, so awesome

I watched some of the clips of this impromptu hour long My Sharrona cover and It was every bit as awesome, hilarious and groovy as I could have hoped for. I don't think I ever respected a gay dude anymore than Bradford.

oh my gah his arms

cheeseburger6.jpg

He has Marfan syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan_syndrome

People with Marfan's tend to be unusually tall, with long limbs and long, thin fingers.

• 1 month later...

Archived