IGNORED

Louis Theroux

beerwolf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I saw a bit. He's great doing serious stuff but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him trying to do gangsta rap and hanging out with female bodybuilders, now that's just good telly.

i love louis theroux but these recent docs seem to be lacking something. i dont know, this one and the one he did before it were a bit less incisive than some of his other stuff

sometimes I find myself getting frustrated with his self restraint around complete tossers though.

lol maybe this is what bugged me

anyway, a complete clusterfuck of a situation that just drags on and on and on..

i love louis theroux but these recent docs seem to be lacking something. i dont know, this one and the one he did before it were a bit less incisive than some of his other stuff

it seems like he's gone in a more 'serious' journalist direction over the past year or so. Even though the subtle sarcasm and clever prodding is still there, it's much more restrained than say his episode 'The Most Hated Family in America'

exactly how i felt, he asks a difficult question gets some kind of answer and just goes "whoah"+tense silence instead of investigating further and go into the guts of the issue.

but i guess that serves as a good introduction to the local attractions..

I think if he turned up and started to take the piss in his unique way the doco would never got off the ground. His subtle sarcasams and ridicule would of got him nowhere with this lot. As they seem to take themselves a bit too seriously.

it seems like he's gone in a more 'serious' journalist direction over the past year or so. Even though the subtle sarcasm and clever prodding is still there, it's much more restrained than say his episode 'The Most Hated Family in America'

not exactly related but if anyone wants to see a 'serious' documentary from louis' 'more serious' older brother marcel, i still fondly remember this programme he made about the sorry state of post-soviet russia:

Archived