IGNORED

Myspace for sale now

o00o

News Corp. (NYSE: NWS) has heard from a number of parties interested in acquiring its struggling MySpace social network-turned-entertainment portal, with CEO Chase Carey noting yesterday on the company's earnings conference call that "the plan to allow MySpace to reach its full potential may be best developed under a new ownership structure," Agence-France Presse reported.

"The interest to date has ranged from 'A' to 'Z,' from industry players, financial players to foreign to domestic and that's without really being out there. It's sort of incoming, we're not soliciting anything at this point," Carey said. Carey added that News Corp. is considering a range of options for MySpace, including a restructuring or taking on a new outside investor. MySpace announced plans to lay off nearly half of its workforce last month. News Corp. acquired the company for $580 million in 2005.

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2011/02/03/report-news-corp-mulling-myspace-sale-receiving-offers

:nelson:

good, newscorp ruined myspace. sooner it gets back to basics the better.

There is not much basic left after they have just decapitated 50% of their staff in january

Shitty bands spamming the fuck out of everything + a bunch of shitty updates trying to turn it into facebook ruined myspace. It's MP3.com all over again.

Shitty bands spamming the fuck out of everything + a bunch of shitty updates trying to turn it into facebook ruined myspace. It's MP3.com all over again.

yeah, that's one thing that really bugs me is they've tried turning it into a myspace and facebook rolled into one!

but it's not worked it's just a confusing mess now..

i stopped using it about 3 years ago........ but it's a shame.. i used to like it, and facebook is proper shit!!

why do people always ruin things by trying to make them so much better than they need to be, when it's perfectly fine as it is. *shakes head*

yeah, that's one thing that really bugs me is they've tried turning it into a myspace and facebook rolled into one!

but it's not worked it's just a confusing mess now..

i stopped using it about 3 years ago........ but it's a shame.. i used to like it, and facebook is proper shit!!

why do people always ruin things by trying to make them so much better than they need to be, when it's perfectly fine as it is. *shakes head*

they turn greedy and sell it to bigger companies who have no idea how to run they company or just give a fuck. then they start something new or retire with all their money. happened to mp3.com and myspace and many others. this is also the reason why google and facebook are still performing well. they never sold out but instead found ways to make money out of what they do

same reason why last.fm is getting more and more fucked up recently btw

google recently went into problems and now switched back from Schmidt to Page for the same reason

I hate to say this, but I think facebook should just incorporate a music interface for bands like myspace had.

They would crush all competition... in yet another way.

"Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory. "Saruman-BigMac.jpg

Guest Coalbucket PI

We are the internet enthusiasts. People will eat a mile of shit to provide us with free services, and then later try to make money off it, but then some other asshole will just eat 2 miles of our shit for free and do a better job of it too. This will just go on with some of the shit eaters managing to sell lemons to Murdoch and others turning into new Murdochs.

I'm still friends with Tom though right?

MySpace cofounder Tom Anderson supposedly begged to keep his job when the rest of the founding team was shown the door nine months ago. They kept him on, almost as a mascot. He was, after all, the first friend everyone had when signing up to MySpace.

He lost his President title (now shared by Mike Jones and Jason Hirschhorn). And he is rarely seen in the office. Still, MySpace insiders said he was important to have around as a tie to the old days.

No more, it seems. Tom hasn’t actually signed in to MySpace since January 24, and his last status update was on Christmas day.

But more striking is the fact that Tom is no longer automatically added as a new MySpace user’s first friend. Instead, a couple of days ago, new users were simply given “MySpace Today” as their first friend.

I’m guessing Tom’s days as an employee of MySpace are numbered.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/12/tom-has-finally-reached-his-myspace-friend-limit/

look when he did the last update: http://www.myspace.com/tom

I logged into my myspace for the first time in like a year and they had totally changed the interface in a horrid attempt to mimic facebook. They also had these award badges (like video game achievements.)

First myspace achievement badge I unlocked was this shitty ghetto blaster:

15.oldskool.png

YAY! You unlocked the Old School badge!

Way to join MySpace before it was cool. Tell your friends

:facepalm:

yeah... i stopped using it myself, but haven't taken it down. I took out all the comments and basically just have a disclaimer saying:

"NOTE: This page is no longer being kept up to date. Asymmetrical Head has outgrown Myspace. From now on, all relevant updates and information will be available at the Asymmetrical Head group on Facebook and the Architects + Heroes Records official blog, which you can also follow on Facebook."

Guest hahathhat

myspace was doomed from the start -- "tom" wrote it in fucking coldfusion, the shittiest of shit web "engines"

then they moved to asp.net, which i also hate with a passion, and it was worse.

band spambots. so annoying and useless.

anyway, i'll just be proud of my old school badge.

myspace was doomed from the start -- "tom" wrote it in fucking coldfusion, the shittiest of shit web "engines"

Thats quite interessting. What is facebook written in?

Guest hahathhat

Thats quite interessting. What is facebook written in?

blood

Archived