IGNORED

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I think I somehow burned out too, to my surprise. I got into their last two albums at the same time and loved both, but now when I hear these new songs I just feel like, 'yeah, it's another TVotR song ... ' :(

Guest nene multiple assgasms

RIP Gerrard Smith.

:sad: Only 34 years old, just diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.

fuck! :wtf:

• 1 year later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i totally dropped the ball on this album. first listen now.

who died?

[youtubehd]VRgpbYHEzvA[/youtubehd]

Gerard's the band member working at the restaurant. He mostly played bass and keyboards.

And they had great bass sounds on all their albums. :sad:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

34 damn

well i didnt make it 3 songs in before i switched it. just don't need anymore tv on the radio i guess

is there a connection with the John Cater books and the title of the album?

"

The first 7 rays are the colors of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. In the books, the 8th and 9th rays were colors not seen on Earth and one place John Carter sees them is shining from a jewel on the man who runs the atmosphere plant that generates the air so everyone can live on Barsoom.

When he sees this man, wearing a diadem, the diadem scintillates in all 9 colors of light, including 2 we've never seen on Earth, the 8th and 9th rays. Again, this is in the book. The 8th ray is what makes light move -- it's a propulsion ray that propels light away and is what they capture and store in the bladders of their fliers so they can fly. (When a bladder bursts, this ray leaks out and the flier falls.) The 9th ray is never explained in detail, but it's critical for them to use in the atmosphere plant to provide enough oxygen for everything on Barsoom to live."

anyways gonna check this out soon...........

Archived