IGNORED

Wisconsin Protests

J3FF3R00

don't assume i've read this specific bill, but cops probably have the greatest incentive of all public workers to maintain their union. it's tough though because a lot of police officers make way too much in retirement and many make way too little when they're newbies on the force.

the state is basically out of money, along with many others, including NY which has been trying to deal with their budget since blind man paterson declared a statewide hiring freeze 1-2 years ago. so it will be interesting to see how they deal with it if walker can't gouge the unions, which was probably his plan all along.

^this

It's impressive that they've protested in solidarity with other state workers, since they were outlined to be exempted.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

the thing is, the unions are willing to take the gouge. they're essentially taking an 8% pay cut that will save the state 300 million dollars. destroying collective bargaining is pretty much just punishment for not supporting his candidacy/a plot to weaken the democrat's biggest contributors.

Here is a live streaming video of the protests inside the capitol.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/afl-cio-2010-rally#utm_campaign=search.twitter.com&utm_source=5719770&utm_medium=social

Rumors is that the state troopers (the head of which was appointed by scott walker and is the father of a republican assembly member) may be called in to try to remove both protesters and police.

Basically, serious shit may or may not go down tonight. stay tuned.

*fuck*

moments after posting this, the feed went down.

*stay tuned*

fox news live stream

click on "live from madison"

obama can't step into this unless shit really starts to hit the fan.

i think he's curious because of what i said before: many states are in this financial situation.

obama can't step into this unless shit really starts to hit the fan.

i don't understand this position, unless you mean like most other things Obama decides to 'commit' on he waits until its almost impossible not to take a side.

Guest theSun

obamaz cant step in now unless hes got some fool proof plan on how to fix it, because so many other states are basically in the same boat. If he comes in and fucks up its over for him imo.

Guest theSun

basically

dude srsly fuxxed healthcare though (fuck you rahm), and that was like his major issue in 08

just bent right over for the pharms.

this is a huge issue economically across the US, wisconsin is just the tip of the iceberg. states are bankrupt and there's not much they can do besides start cutting gov't services/jobs.

basically

dude srsly fuxxed healthcare though (fuck you rahm), and that was like his major issue in 08

this is a huge issue economically across the US, wisconsin is just the tip of the iceberg. states are bankrupt and there's not much they can do besides start cutting gov't services/jobs.

Or raising taxes, which is the most obvious thing to do, well unless you live in the bizzaro world brainstate of a politician on the corporate payroll.

basically

Or raising taxes, which is the most obvious thing to do, well unless you live in the bizzaro world brainstate of a politician on the corporate payroll.

You can not seriously propose even the most logical and well planned tax raise in this country without committing political suicide; it's fucking absurd.

Obama fooled everyone and turned out to be just a corporate shill. He's spineless and too afraid to commit to anything that could make his republican friends frown. Following what he's done so far, one would think he was the republican candidate.

Guest disparaissant

Obama fooled everyone and turned out to be just a corporate shill. He's spineless and too afraid to commit to anything that could make his republican friends frown. Following what he's done so far, one would think he was the republican candidate.

i dunno if he "fooled" everyone. myself and a lot of other people i know voted for him going "boy, it sure would be nice if he doesn't turn out to be a corporate shill!" but alas.

i think disappointed is probably a more appropriate word.

i dunno if he "fooled" everyone. myself and a lot of other people i know voted for him going "boy, it sure would be nice if he doesn't turn out to be a corporate shill!" but alas.

i think disappointed is probably a more appropriate word.

i was telling you guys to vote nadar.

Guest Ranky Redlof

Bottom line is the US is run by corporations and is a plutocracy.

shh don't wake them out of their American Dream with your euro common sense man :sup:

Archived