Where you a nerd in school?

Guest Rambo

Where you a nerd in school?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where you a nerd in school?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Calx Sherbet

okay for those who think they where nerds in school, would you say that you where perceived as nerds by others?

everyone thought i was a genious, not sure if that counts...

and the original question could be looked at in two different ways. were you a nerd AT high school? or were you a nerd DURING your high school years? cause your interests and personality could be completely separate from your day at school. just a thought.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

The nerdiest thing I do nowadays is obsessively buy 'graphic novels'. I would have done this when I was a lot younger but for lack of funds and location close to a 'comic-shop'.

What with the internet and the joys of adult-wages, I'm now free to indulge my childhood fantasy.

Guest Coalbucket PI

okay for those who think they where nerds in school, would you say that you where perceived as nerds by others?

everyone thought i was a genious,

Those days are far behind you sir

that response is way better than anything i could have come up with, but it was definitely something that needed responding to. lol

Let's see:

- Stayed in all weekend to play guitar.

- Programmed 8 bit computers.

- Collected vinyl.

- Collected comics.

- Recorded the best music show on radio every week.

- Edited said recordings to include only the best stuff.

- Built model airplanes and tanks.

- Didn't drink or do drugs.

- Sucked at sports.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Let's see:

- Stayed in all weekend to play guitar.

- Programmed 8 bit computers.

- Collected vinyl.

- Collected comics.

- Recorded the best music show on radio every week.

- Edited said recordings to include only the best stuff.

- Built model airplanes and tanks.

- Didn't drink or do drugs.

- Sucked at sports.

And here, we have a nerd. :spiteful:

What with the internet and the joys of adult-wages, I'm now free to indulge my childhood fantasy.

Same reason I blow way too much cash on Adidas trainers I couldn't have when I was at school.

most of the rich sporty popular kids

Odd. In the town where I grew up having money was more of a popularity hindrance than an aid.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i'm well aware my intelligence doesn't stand out among you distinguished individuals :emotawesomepm9:

From the looks of it I guess I was a geek based on what people have written in this thread. Was a loner read dragonlance books and played a game called Dark Age of Camelot. Did a lot of other things like skateboarding and was overall average when it came to sports. Then I found marijuana and it expanded my horizons to say the least specially when it came to music...

I ain't smart by any means so I guess I don't fall into the category of having been a nerd.

From the looks of it I guess I was a geek based on what people have written in this thread. Was a loner read dragonlance books and played a game called Dark Age of Camelot. Did a lot of other things like skateboarding and was overall average when it came to sports. Then I found marijuana and it expanded my horizons to say the least specially when it came to music...

I ain't smart by any means so I guess I don't fall into the category of having been a nerd.

You dont need to be smart by any means.

Some lad in my college course (who has dropped out now) was the biggest nerd ever. Played Magic and LARPing. But he was the biggest retarded both socially and academically. I was forced to work on a group project with him and I hate him so much.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Was in computer room, trying to gain write-access to the intranet, while the other kids played football, girls gossiping nearby. So pretty much, yeah. I guess now the kids would be inside checking their myspace and facebook accounts.

My time from 4th to 8th grade was somewhere between Lego, friends with computer games, my dads experimental kit, books and building treehouses in the forest with friends.

I had glasses, dorky haircut and let my mom pick my clothes.. I tried to be cooler during puberty, but that was when my face kind of exploded :emotawesomepm9:

Now I´m just blatant normal imho.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I was cool in school but I have digressed into a sad idiot (possible nerd) on WATMM............................. :facepalm:

the transition is complete

:cisfor:

I guess so. There were kind of two levels of nerds in my school though.

My group:

-All sat together at lunch time, we had a mountain of trapper keepers in the center of our table.

-Half of us got A's, due to being smart nerds; the other half got C's through F's, for hardcore ADHD.

-All of us took German as our foreign language. Because the teacher wasn't a cunt.

-Many of us were good at computers.

-We were probably the only group who listened to electronic music, and uh Death Metal, myself excluded.

The other:

-All sat together at lunch, played Yugioh instead of eating.

-Almost all of them got C's and D's, because they weren't horribly bright.

-Social skills were worse than ours, and that is saying something

-Many of them were good at Yugioh

-They listened to pop, and secretly wanted to bang all of the cheerleaders.

In conclusion, I guess we were far from the bottom of the social ladder. We also hung out with the intelligent emos. All 4 of them.

Edit: Oh yea, they were geeks, we were nerds. I get it.

Was in computer room, trying to gain write-access to the intranet, while the other kids played football, girls gossiping nearby. So pretty much, yeah. I guess now the kids would be inside checking their myspace and facebook accounts.

I tried this for 2 years, then gave up, eventually introduced proxies to the school. Proxy sites were banned after a couple of months. Should have kept my mouth shut. Those damn Librarians always had their eye on me.

I thought I was fairly average in school after reading this, I feel as though I was highly popular hahaha.

I was a part of a large group of people that consisted some 'scene kids' (remember those?), other alternative music types, stoners and just standard nice normal types.

I used to put on all the house parties, that seemed to give a fair amount of kudos.

Guest ezkerraldean

I thought I was fairly average in school after reading this, I feel as though I was highly popular hahaha.

I was a part of a large group of people that consisted some 'scene kids' (remember those?), other alternative music types, stoners and just standard nice normal types.

I used to put on all the house parties, that seemed to give a fair amount of kudos.

nerd

Guest Calx Sherbet

I guess so. There were kind of two levels of nerds in my school though.

My group:

-All sat together at lunch time, we had a mountain of trapper keepers in the center of our table.

-Half of us got A's, due to being smart nerds; the other half got C's through F's, for hardcore ADHD.

-All of us took German as our foreign language. Because the teacher wasn't a cunt.

-Many of us were good at computers.

-We were probably the only group who listened to electronic music, and uh Death Metal, myself excluded.

The other:

-All sat together at lunch, played Yugioh instead of eating.

-Almost all of them got C's and D's, because they weren't horribly bright.

-Social skills were worse than ours, and that is saying something

-Many of them were good at Yugioh

-They listened to pop, and secretly wanted to bang all of the cheerleaders.

In conclusion, I guess we were far from the bottom of the social ladder. We also hung out with the intelligent emos. All 4 of them.

Edit: Oh yea, they were geeks, we were nerds. I get it.

lol, the other group sounds like shit.

i feel like my high school didn't have that "ladder". it seemed so even. if you were an asshole, you were only liked by assholes. and you got nowhere because of it. and there never was that tension between groups/cliques/whatever. at least not that i noticed. but i wasn't aware of my surroundings half the time. going through the car-wash was more interesting than my classes

i never had the pleasure of witnessing an amazing fight at school. they definitely happened, but it would be somewhere where i JUST missed it. one of my friends who went to my high school before me, described this one sided brawl that broke out due to a racist remark. apparently some black dude flipped ass and smashed someone's face on a locker, pummeled him on the floor, and chased him into the bathroom where the fight ended. blood on the sink, mirror, urinal(???). the principal can even back it up. my friend tried to get a copy of the security camera footage, with no luck. and it was on the second to last day of school. that fiasco must have been a spectacle.

but the most exciting thing i ever saw in high school was....

well, ten minutes have passed. i got nothing

Archived