IGNORED

Machinedrum signs to Planet Mu

usagi

2002 wasn't pre-prefuse. Vocal studies, was 2001. Wot you smokin'

Machinedrum's first album "Now You Know" was released in February 2001. Vocal Studies came out later that year in June. I know because I bought both albums!!

Guest Enter a new display name

i would love to see Machinedrum merge the Syndrone and this style together. I feel too often artists who under so many different compartmentalized monikers play it too safely. ok cunts lets have some syndrone juke!

This isn't going to happen, because he cares too much about his new image in Brooklyn and he doesn't want anyone to know that he used to look nerdier and that he used to be part of the IDM wave. He even took down his old pics on his Last.fm page so people think he has always been the cool producer who collaborates with vocalists.

i would love to see Machinedrum merge the Syndrone and this style together. I feel too often artists who under so many different compartmentalized monikers play it too safely. ok cunts lets have some syndrone juke!

This isn't going to happen, because he cares too much about his new image in Brooklyn and he doesn't want anyone to know that he used to look nerdier and that he used to be part of the IDM wave. He even took down his old pics on his Last.fm page so people think he has always been the cool producer who collaborates with vocalists.

i fucking thought this happened—it's like he actively changed his image between his work on merck and his work with theophilus london. granted, i think he just sounds out of date a lot of the time, and would venture a guess that his new album will feel similarly dated. but fucking lol.

joke's on him because all his pictures still look incredibly dorky.

also, he missed a couple

Machine+Drum.jpg

Machine+Drum+A24431103893427.jpg

aha ha ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirch

..i always liked Machinedrum, his stuff was good. i haven't heard anything by him for ages now tho!

did he dissapear for a bit? or have i just been a lazy fan ... :/

Merck was a really good label. what happened to those guys? are they still around..? hmmmmmmm

..i always liked Machinedrum, his stuff was good. i haven't heard anything by him for ages now tho! did he dissapear for a bit? or have i just been a lazy fan ... :/

Merck was a really good label. what happened to those guys? are they still around..? hmmmmmmm

From the Merck website:

"2006 was the final year of Merck. We released 51 cds and 50 vinyls over 7 years from Jan. 2000 to Jan. 2007. There will be no more new releases. We have many reasons for this, but we will just say it was time to move on. We will continue to sell off our remaining stock through our mailorder , but there will be no more represses. We thank EVERYONE who has supported us over the years, you made this possible."

Machinedrum has released on Normrex ("Want to 1 2?") (2009) and on LuckyMe ("Many Faces") (2010)

• 1 month later...
Guest usernameinvalid

also, he missed a couple

Machine+Drum.jpg

aha ha ha ha ha

what the fuck are you on guys

dissing a barely known producer actually making music, creating stuff while you're just posting shit on an internet forum

also, he missed a couple

Machine+Drum.jpg

aha ha ha ha ha

dissing a barely known producer actually making music, creating stuff while you're just posting shit on an internet forum

hello machine drum ;)

also, he missed a couple

Machine+Drum.jpg

aha ha ha ha ha

jealous that you don't get the time to post much ??

Guest ploom2

the new album sounds nice, a bit of old school sampling , some new dubstep ish production methods, ive liked his previous stuff and will keep an eye out for his new stuff.

Guest Helper ET

the last thing i heard from his was extremely wonky-ish and not really in an original way

you would

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-foQGD0NKDE

All I want to know is if there's like a proper recording of this.

The first half is something by Addiquit. The second half is "911" from his last album Want To 1 2?. I have an earlier mix of "911" without the samples on mp3 if you want it.

Archived