IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

Guest Adjective
dunno where to post this but some threads automatically download some file.

it's a file named download with no file extension.

happens when i see this thread:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/56769-the-hobbit-loses-guillermo-del-toro/?st=725

this happened to me as well with another thread, it stopped eventually, but that's not very comforting

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has the Jump To Page X button problem been fixed? I still can't use that button at all, takes me to page 1 everytime

Not yet - waiting for the patch, which they are taking their time with, unlike the last patch, that introduced most of these bugs...

when browsing topics on tapatalk, you can't see the names of people who are being quoted. The texted is just indented.

Probably a Tapatalk issue, or a combination thereof. The forum patch plus a Tapatalk update will probably resolve both, hopefully.

Guest Aserinsky

Quick question, would it be possible to purchase subscriptions for other members as gifts? Just thought it'd be an idea that'd allow a goodwill gesture to members that contribute here whilst helping the funding of WATMM out with the funding issues.

Quick question, would it be possible to purchase subscriptions for other members as gifts? Just thought it'd be an idea that'd allow a goodwill gesture to members that contribute here whilst helping the funding of WATMM out with the funding issues.

Sure - you could make a donation, and in the notes put that you'd like a subscription for a particular user.

I can't enter the site most of the time by clicking the link on the front page.

I'm assuming you mean the main site, http://watmm.com - you are clicking on the text (the only text), right? What browser are you using out of curiosity?

i can't sign in from the front page (not sure if that's what you're discussing)... i have to open a subforum, then sign in... using chrome.

You mean you can't sign in from the main forum index, but CAN sign in when you're in a subforum? What happens on the forum index when you click "sign in"? do you get a modal window to enter your username and password?

I had something like that at work. Sign in did nothing the first time I came to forum.watmm.com. I found one refresh sorts it out. Actually it happens every time.

That's on Chrome too btw.

Sure - you could make a donation, and in the notes put that you'd like a subscription for a particular user.

I ca

n't enter the site most of the time by clicking the link on the front page.

I'm assuming you mean the main site, http://watmm.com - you are clicking on the text (the only text), right? What browser are you using out of curiosity?

Yes, and Chrome. I just pulled up the main page and I click on the text and nothing happens. I think it might just be on my end though. I'm going to do a reformat, because I've got weird things happening. Shockwave player is crashing, Pandora isn't working correctly, and some weird plugin installed itself on my browser that I can't seem to get rid of completely.

i can't sign in from the front page (not sure if that's what you're discussing)... i have to open a subforum, then sign in... using chrome.

You mean you can't sign in from the main forum index, but CAN sign in when you're in a subforum? What happens on the forum index when you click "sign in"? do you get a modal window to enter your username and password?

yeah, from the main page nothing happens when i click 'sign in'... the enter username/password window doesn't appear... but if i open say gen banter and click 'sign in' the window appears as it should.

however, i just checked and this only seems to happen first thing when i switch on the computer... if i close chrome, re-open it, and open watmm, i can sign in from the main page. weird? or me (not) doing something?

Very odd - by the way, the patch came out yesterday, so I upgraded the forum - hopefully a few if not all of the bugs are finally cleared up.

In other depressing news, I found out that the VigLink integration they added a few versions ago broke my VigLink account and I haven't been getting revenue for VigLinks for all of December and most of January. I fixed it last night. FML.

VigLinks is the revenue generator we use here to help offset hosting costs by monetizing click through on related links - better than putting ads on the site, and totally transparent to the users.

Do any music sites (eg Bleep, Boomkat, Norman Records, and whatever the big non-UK ones are) allow affiliate click-throughs ? Obviously this being such a big music site I would've thought the New-Release subforum could make some money for this place if we had links to buy the release using this place as an affiliate.

I don't think that's the case, I'm testing it now and each time I go back to general banter, the autism spectrum thread is always marked as unread

Do any music sites (eg Bleep, Boomkat, Norman Records, and whatever the big non-UK ones are) allow affiliate click-throughs ? Obviously this being such a big music site I would've thought the New-Release subforum could make some money for this place if we had links to buy the release using this place as an affiliate.

I don't know if they are associated with VigLink, but that's certainly a logical idea (and a damn good one too).

Archived