IGNORED

help me eat properly

pcock

im getting a bit sick of eating chicken beans and sweetcorn for dinner, and i mostly only eat it because i can never think of shit to cook.

so if you would be so kind, throw me some eating suggestions bearing in mind,

1. im pretty fuckin poor

2. im no gordon ramsay

3. i shop at a pretty basic tescos express that doesnt have diced mega cilantro with a lime and faeces twist, its pretty simplistic.

every other recipe things i try and look it suggest meals that cost about 14 quid and 6 days to prepare.

also, i love the shit out of every single type of food except nuts, which im not allergic too, i just hate.

Guest Iain C

i made this exciting onion soup for my girlfriend and i the other week: http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=11777c955c5cfde4b70255f33cc29b6a&topic=37291.msg462648;topicseen#new

it's pretty delicious. if you like, you can replace the vegan butter and cheese with their dairy counterparts (i do eat dairy). it's also dirt cheap.

i'll post some more recipes later, but this is the last thing i made (other than falafel).

actually here's a recipe for falafel: http://humus101.com/EN/2007/03/13/an-easy-falafel-recipe/

serve that up in a pitta with some houmous or tahini with sliced cucumber, lettuce, couscous or anything else you fancy. yum yum.

Guest Iain C

i'm hooked. you can use tinned chickpeas rather than dried, soaked ones. you lose some of the nutrients but it's much more convenient.

one more thing, if the mixture is too moist they might fall apart when you fry them... add more breadcrumbs or some flour or something if the balls don't hold together well before frying.

Make some Indian pastes and freeze them. You can make a bunch for almost nothing and all you need to add is yoghurt and tomatoes chicken, lamb or whatever you want.

Guest sirch

more than what?

more than the bigger (24hr) stores.

everything is a bit more expensive at the express... plus there's less than half the selection/choice of stuff.

more than what?

everything is a bit more expensive at the express... plus there's less than half the selection/choice of stuff.

thats great, wheres the nearest one to me?

the answer is, two miles away, so fuck that

Guest sirch

1. im pretty fuckin poor

2. im no gordon ramsay

3. i shop at a pretty basic tescos express that doesnt have diced mega cilantro with a lime and faeces twist, its pretty simplistic.

Noodles, w/ chicken/pork/beef, stir fried w/vegetables - easy. quick. healthy. fairly cheap.

Instant cup Noodles (in a mug for a quick hot noodle soup) - easy. quick. low in fat. well cheap.

Pot Noodles - cheap. quick. tasty.

basically, get some fuckin Noodles in your life!! :)

Eggs 'n Bacon. Bread 'n Butter. Toasted cheese 'n tomatoe, cheese 'n onion, cheese 'n mushroom 'n ham Sandwich's.

Guest sirch

more than what?

walk you lazy f**ker! 2 miles aint that far to go. jeeze....... are you fat or something?

im getting a bit sick of eating chicken beans and sweetcorn for dinner, and i mostly only eat it because i can never think of shit to cook.

1. im pretty fuckin poor

2. im no gordon ramsay

every other recipe things i try and look it suggest meals that cost about 14 quid and 6 days to prepare.

also, i love the shit out of every single type of food except nuts, which im not allergic too, i just hate.

Removing that Dr. Oetker sign might help boost your moral

A friend of mine "cooks" the most disgusting things.

In December, I made a quick stop at his place cause I needed scissors and stuff to wrap a birthday present for another friend, and I was just sitting on his floor and said "don't mind me, I'll be out in a minute, just go about whatever you were gonna do", so he went to the kitchen and made "dinner" for himself. Then he came back and starting eating from a huge bowl. I didn't pay much attention to it, until I noticed a sharp kind of smell. I said "what's that, salad with a fuckload of vinegar?" and he was like "na-ah, it's my own recipe, I eat this virtually every day". I look into the bowl and see a red kind of mash with few white-ish things popping out here and there.

Here's what he did:

- he took raw potatoes, peeled them, put them in the bowl.

- he poured an entire bottle of ketchup over the potatoes (hence the vinegar-smell)

- he microwaved it, done.

what the fuck kinda meal is that? it's raw potatoes in ketchup! And he lives with my best friend who is a great cook, he tried to show him how to prepare some basic meals, but he doesn't want to learn those cause he thinks it's too much trouble to be standing next to a pan for five minutes. Turns out he always makes these horrible things for himself when he's alone. Another one of his "recipes" is that he will take random canned food - e.g. tuna, corn, pineapple, beans, tomato - , then put it in his bowl and - you guessed it - microwaves it all! Then he'll sit there and eat it over a period of several hours. :ohmy:

more than what?

walk you lazy f**ker! 2 miles aint that far to go. jeeze....... are you fat or something?

4 miles walking to get roughly a 2-3% discount on food, nice one.

im gonna make onion soop just now anyway.

actually i discovered that just cookking pasta and dumping it in soup is pretty tasty and makes it about 10 times more filling.

cook some spaghetti, add butter, garlic and an egg yolk.

another easy (and healthier) meal is Chipotle Corn Soup

if you like brokkoli, cook it and mix with some noodles, bacon and cheese (any cheese you like, I prefer cheddar and a spoon of mustard). Always works for me.

Guest sirch

more than what?

4 miles walking to get roughly a 2-3% discount on food, nice one.

lazy.

not only would you get cheaper prices but you'd get more of a selection of food, obviously (aswell as getting some excersise) instead of the over priced conveniance-type and frozen food you'll get from the express. there's also things known as buses. ;)

but whatever, man. it's your life.

actually i discovered that just cookking pasta and dumping it in soup is pretty tasty and makes it about 10 times more filling.

are you a student?

i just made grated courgette macaroni cheese but even though i followed the instructions to the letter, something went horribly wrong. it looks like ive got some work ahead of me

Archived