IGNORED

recommend me shit to hang on my walls

SR4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

far better than martha fucking stewart. if it's not photoshopped, i appreciate the pair behind that paint job.

vintage farrah fawcett in swimsuit poster

donnie darko

kurt cobain 1967-1994

never mind the bollocks cover

sports car

watmm addition: windowlicker sleeve image

LOL dude, do you know that like every college kid has these same posters? like, every single one of them?

hehe it was either that or i could suggest some rothkos and some miros and some mondrianos to match your wallpaper... what else do you expect if you ask people to tell you what to hang on their walls?

next thing you'll be asking everyone what 7" singles to buy....

donnie darko

kurt cobain 1967-1994

sports car

LOL dude, do you know that like every college kid has these same posters? like, every single one of them?

so is this early 90s or what?

i went to college 2003-7

didn't see much nirvana.

but that pink floyd poster......

no that's the thing... they're still mainstaples for some weird reason. forgot the pink floyd "ladies" poster, whoops

no prob dawg. i guess next time ill refer to an incredibly specific set of art pieces that Im not aware of, hence, negating my need to post something like this in the first place.

damn that shit is funny though.

i think ive realized i enjoy minimalist art much more than other motifs...more relaxing...

so i spose I might get a kandinsky or two...any good minimalist stuff I should know about?

you are talking to someone that knows very little about modern painting/drawing

Guest sirch

donnie darko

kurt cobain 1967-1994

sports car

you forgot Bladerunner/Star Wars/Star Trek, infact anything sci-fi.

and man with a baby.

Mark Rothko is pretty interesting

does anyone make autechre-type art on posters?

like the cover of Draft 7.30 or something similar...that would be hot.

Also, do any of you put your record covers on the wall as deco? Id be interested in that accept id be too worried about messing them up.

fuller.jpg

wot i got, looks like a fox, i also have a sao paulo map up and a screen print of e enlarged page from a space ship manual, the emergency procedure bit and a card with 4 turkish men printed on it, they're from around 1800

you can always search for more recent silkscreen prints and shit. future colors was a good suggestion, also check out:

http://store.familylosangeles.com/collections/artprints-etc

http://physicalfiction.bigcartel.com/ (a bit too nerdy at times, but i have a pixel pizza print waiting to be hung up.)

http://schoolsupplies.gotopublicschool.com/collections/posters (a bit too cutesy quirky at times, but i'm pumped to frame my robocop print.)

also, just go to flea markets, yard sales, things of that nature. my avatar image is actually a vintage iron-on transfer that i later framed. and i found these fucking AWESOME newsprint propaganda art at hell's kitchen flea market (they're like 20"x30" each; got them both for 25 bucks total!)

picture1.jpg

picture1.jpg

Mark Rothko is pretty interesting

does anyone make autechre-type art on posters?

like the cover of Draft 7.30 or something similar...that would be hot.

Also, do any of you put your record covers on the wall as deco? Id be interested in that accept id be too worried about messing them up.

I have some kind of plastic wrap that puts 5 vinyls in a row on the wall + lots a vinyls standing upright on shelves

also, just go to flea markets, yard sales, things of that nature. my avatar image is actually a vintage iron-on transfer that i later framed. and i found these fucking AWESOME newsprint propaganda art at hell's kitchen flea market (they're like 20"x30" each; got them both for 25 bucks total!)

picture1.jpg

picture1.jpg

oh man, my commy-lovin, china-phile friend would cream his chairman mao boxers over these!

Guest Helper ET

take a picture of yourself, blow it up and print it off on a giant piece of paper, then tape it to the ceiling above your bed so when you wake up in the morning you remember how much of an ugly piece of shit you are

I got this framed outside my bedroom

8-859-18DJ000Z.jpg?ch=920&cw=652

8-860-TGFJ000Z.jpg?ch=775&cw=774

I think album covers are always a good one to do too. Especially if you are into jazz and dig the vibe. Got Revolver (Beatles) sleeve in a frame too.

take a picture of yourself, blow it up and print it off on a giant piece of paper, then tape it to the ceiling above your bed so when you wake up in the morning you remember how much of an ugly piece of shit you are

He could attach a print of his face on a sexdoll too

Archived