IGNORED

Loscil - coast/range/arc

Tauhid

No they all have some sort of beat or pulse. I guess they're all ambient in nature, I suppose. I should say his first "beatless" album.

Guest Hanratty

i always liked the little beats that propel some of his tracks. It makes his music seem to have more relation to techno/dub techno. But that singing on the last album was a bad idea. Fennesz had some singing on Venice and that was a bad idea too. I would like to see Loscil get into beats a little more. (I said that about Tim Hecker too, maybe I just like beats)

Guest Smuckers

i always liked the little beats that propel some of his tracks. It makes his music seem to have more relation to techno/dub techno. But that singing on the last album was a bad idea. Fennesz had some singing on Venice and that was a bad idea too. I would like to see Loscil get into beats a little more. (I said that about Tim Hecker too, maybe I just like beats)

well fortunately for us, he released an instrumental version of that track on his Versions EP.

I don't mind David Sylvian's voice, so I actually really enjoyed that track Transit on Venice. I can't say the same for Dan Bejar though (vocalist for that band Destroyer, which Loscil plays drums for).

Guest Smuckers

This is a nice surprise- reminds me of his collection of drones, Stases a little. (one of the best things to fall asleep to ever)

Also on their homepage: Upcoming 2011: BVDUB "I Remember [translations of Netherworld's Morketid]" Sweet!

word.

Guess I'll have to wait till it hits American distributors. 16,50 € is a bundle.

It isn't too dear as shipping is included.

Guess I'll have to wait till it hits American distributors. 16,50 € is a bundle.

Yeah I know. $23.6 is still pretty steep for a CD though.

Yeah I know. $23.6 is still pretty steep for a CD though.

True, I hadn't considered the exchange rate!

Received it in the mail today. It's a gorgeous release.

Guest Enter a new display name

Received it in the mail today. It's a gorgeous release.

Why hasn't it LEAKED yet then? :rtfm:

Archived